[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - I have bought another car...

I have bought another car...

Re: I have bought another car...

Postby tut » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:14 am

tut

Postby Swerve » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:52 pm

The pedal positioning on BMWs seems to be intended for small feet. There’s a YouTube clip of Senna in his loafers and white socks tracking an NSX and a lot of the comments relate to the wide pedal spacing not being sporty. What these people don’t understand is that Honda and Toyota built cars to be ergonomic for the widest range of buyers possible. My MR2s (and the rental Yaris I drove in Tasmania) has pedals that allowed you to roll from the clutch to the brake with the side of the foot rather than heel if you have big feet. The MR2 can also only fit a 225 wide tyre up front, because Toyota buyers won’t put up with the offset driving position of Italian mid-engined offerings.
Swerve

Postby Swerve » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Also, you have a 330D? Race!
Swerve

Postby tut » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:44 pm

Well, i have fairly big feet, and I had issues braking, as my shoe only just fits between the accelerator and the clutch, so braking either adds clutch or throttle :/

I do roll feet instead of heel-toe, and works great on most other cars.. and I’m sure that if I drove a manual bmw for a while I’d get used to it.. but for now, The auto will do...

I’d love to race, but I’m sure you’d win, as you have more power and more turbos.. but I can bring my stagea ;)
tut

Previous

Return to Asian