[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

General Topics

Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

Postby Talon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:25 am

You either agree or you're wrong and can go EET FUK :twisted:

Talon

Re: Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

Postby 1300zuk » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Nope Alice cooper halo of flies is the best song ever
1300zuk

Postby Talon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:46 pm

Talon

Postby sombrio » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:00 am

It's a great song, and it's actually really deep too, because you'd think it's just a carefree tune about a puppet show, but he's actually talking about drugs.
sombrio

Postby thewalrus » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Man, that dude needs a haircut.
thewalrus

Postby Talon » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:04 am

Talon

Postby Honor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:05 am

Puppets is great but One is better.

EDIT : Actually, I take that back. It's impossible to pick the best Metallica song. There are so many good ones. There's only a handful of ones I don't actually like. That's how you know when you're talking about a truly great band.
Honor

Postby Talon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:12 pm

So true. One is awesome... but Puppets is the Master!
Talon

Postby 1300zuk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 pm

1300zuk

Postby Arthur Dent » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:02 pm

Oddly crap things like drug addiction make for great songs. Also see Hurt by nine inch nails (or covered by Johnny Cash).
Arthur Dent

Postby Honor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:11 pm

How do you guys feel about Black Sabbath? Personally I feel like they're one of the most overrated bands of all time. Yeah, maybe they were heavy metal pioneers or whatever, but that doesn't make them the best.
Honor

Postby thewalrus » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 pm

thewalrus

Postby Honor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:03 am

Kiss sucks. But they found their niche with the costumes.
Honor

Postby thewalrus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:10 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:57 pm

I was never really a big Sabbath fan, but I think their whole value is lost on those who didn’t grow up in the 70s. A lot of the 80s metal bands I listen[ed] to got their influences from Sabbath, and I think it’s easy to take for granted riffs like Iron Man, NIB, and Paranoid since most of us grew up in musical times where they were already out there. Do I think they’re overrated? No. There are much more overrated metal/rock bands out there, like AC/DC, G&R, and Nirvana.

I do, however, prefer Ozzy’s music after he broke out on his own. I liked that stuff a lot more, specifically with Rhoads and Wylde playing the guitar. That said, I don’t really listen to Ozzy anymore.

PS – KISS sucks.
Talon

Postby sombrio » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:28 am

sombrio

Postby Talon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:36 pm

You sure seem to know a lot about heroin, haha. I guess I never knew it could be snorted but that doesn’t surprise me at all.

Funny you mention Slayer, as they’re also considered one of the forefronts in the metal scene… but I’ve never been into them. I also am trying to listen to them more because a couple of my buddies are really into them, but I just can’t get behind them. They have a couple good songs, so I just listen to those two or three and have my Slayer fix for a while. FWIW, Raining Blood and South of Heaven are probably their biggest songs, and I enjoy those… but again, I can listen to them and have my Slayer fix for a while. I kind of think Slayer tries a little too hard to be the whole ‘we love Satan’ thing, whereas a band like Metallica/Megadeth/Pantera just pump out kick as riffs, solos, and non-‘I wanna kill kittens’ lyrics, which is what I respect most about those kinds of bands.

I’ve often thought, too, that Kerry King is extremely overrated as a guitarist. His solos sound like nails on a chalkboard to me, but maybe that’s what he’s going for. Just random notes that don’t work. For those who’re unfamiliar with Slayer, Kerry King did the solo on Fight For Your Right by the Beastie Boys. It’s just bad. I will also say, I believe he has talent as a guitarist, but he should be a rhythm guy and leave the solos alone.

Anthrax is another band I never really got into, but I am listening to some of their stuff more and more just to see if I like it, more than anything.

I made mention of Megadeth, and am getting into them more lately. For me personally, it seems like I either really like a Megadeth song or don’t at all. I think Mustaine is very talented, and if you can get past how self-centered he is, worth a listen. A very good guitarist, but maybe not so good of a singer. If anyone is looking to get into some Megadeth, I’d highly recommend their CDs: Rust In Peace (Holy Wars is prod my favorite ‘deth song); Countdown to Extinction; and Youthanasia. That would be a good place to start for Megadeth.

Didn’t mean to write a book there, but I am a big music fan!
Talon

Postby ryguy79 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:03 pm

Surely I'm the odd man out, but I've always like Blackened the best.
ryguy79

Postby sombrio » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:33 am

Wow, I'm totally outclassed here--I'm pretty sure I don't have anything else to add to the conversation about metal music. :mrgreen:

I will say that I just saw Straight Outta Compton and it was really good. Way better than I expected. I was just looking to get out of the heat and avoid having to park for a couple hours, but it was a lot of fun and actually pretty informative (at least for someone who was like 5 years old when the music came out). It's easy to label NWA as just being the start of gangster rap and thug shit, but they made protest songs that talked about real issues that are still going on today (i.e. police brutality). :idea:
sombrio

Postby Turbojett » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:46 am

Master of Puppets is good, but I can't say it's the best. Not because I don't like it as much, but because I believe there is no "Best Metallica Song." It's an echelon, a height occupied by many, many of their songs. I consider One, Sanitarium, Four Horsemen, Seek and Destroy, Battery, Blackened, Frayed Ends of Sanity, Hit the Lights, Shortest Straw, and of course, Enter Sandman (and if you think that song's overrated, EET FUK N DIE) all up there in that crowded space. I really couldn't have just picked a few, because these all just fucking kick my ass.

Black Sabbath is not overrated I think, just overplayed. It's great stuff, but you get tired of hearing it so much. Ozzy was pretty good on his own, but I like him better with Sabbath, because all of my favorite Ozzy songs are on Paranoid.

Might I also throw into the ring, Number of the Beast because Iron Fucking Maiden, motherfuckers.

...and Breakin' The Law by Judas Priest. So much good stuff yet untalked about.

Fuck I need to throw together a good metal playlist.

...and Kiss sucks sweaty hobo balls.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Next

Return to General Banter