[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - What's up guys!

What's up guys!

General Topics

What's up guys!

Postby sombrio » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:57 am

Hey guys! I just saw that AF is back. I was surprised how oddly comforting that is, so I thought I'd sign up and see what y'all have been up to. So what's up?

P.S. I don't blame y'all if you think I'm a dick, but all of that was a long time ago. :)
sombrio

Re: What's up guys!

Postby Talon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:04 am

ROD, is that you?
Talon

Postby 1300zuk » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi
1300zuk

Postby Turbojett » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:31 pm

ppl grow up. welcome back.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Honor » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:10 pm

Honor

Postby sombrio » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:00 am

Turbojett - Thank you. I appreciate that. I was going back and forth on whether I should even bother posting. My curiosity won out, but I was (and am) worried I wouldn't exactly be welcomed. I can't blame anyone; it's not like I was a huge contributor to the community or anything. All I can do is to point out that you're a different person at 30 than you are at 18, and ask people to give me another chance. And to remember not to try to troll people at the same time as being myself. Cheers.

Talon and Honor. Why do you guys think I'm ROD? Is this some sort of test to see if I'm really me, by bringing him up and seeing if I go on a shitrant? ;)

Anyway, it's a car forum. What are you guys driving these days? I have a '01 Accord and I love it. I think I'm done with the Germans for a while. After my experiences with a high mileage Audi A4, the gas mileage, reliability, low repair cost, ease of working on it--I could go on and on--it just feels like a life saver. It's kind of cheap and slow, but who cares? And I have a sub and tinted windows. (Who saw that coming? :lol: )

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone have a little expertise with wiring up stereo systems? I think the previous owner fucked up the wiring a little bit and I'm not sure what I have to do to fix it. It'd be nice to compare notes or something.

Hope y'all are doing well :)
sombrio

Postby Sexican » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Sexican

Postby tut » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:43 pm

What's wrong with the stereo?

Welcome back dude. Also I'm ascona
tut

Postby Talon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Talon

Postby Honor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:10 am

Yup definitely rod
Honor

Postby millertime » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Definitely ROD. I can't see a Seattle Lawyer with an interest in cars driving an 01 Accord.
millertime

Postby Pennzoil GT-R » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:41 am

I don't even remember what you did wrong last time.

I dont think ROD could go 3 posts in a thread without turning psycho, so we'll see shortly if its really him
Pennzoil GT-R

Postby Honor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm

I just can't see him coming back after all these years. I mean, automobile forum has been shut down for years and just recently came back up. And he was gone way before the forum of rue and woe. So you're telling me he was checking to see if original AF was up periodically that whole time? I just don't think the real sombrio would care that much and would just move on. plus, rod has been suspiciously absent lately.
Honor

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm

thewalrus

Postby Honor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm

yeah it's definitely possible, I personally just feel like it's more likely that it would be rod though.
Honor

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:04 pm

thewalrus

Postby sombrio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Guys. It's really me. I expected all kinds of things on rejoining, but being accused of being ROD wasn't one of them! :lol:

Come on, seriously, I hated that dick. And he hated me too. If this were ROD pretending to be me, he'd do something to make me look like an asshole, right? I'm not gonna be an asshole. Walrus was right on the money. (Actually, it was looking at Craigslist ads and seeing an old VR6 Jetta that did it.) Just reminiscing about old times and wondering if an old favorite site was still around.

For what it's worth, I'm in Southern California now and getting out of law. :cheers:

I don't know what I can do to convince people that I'm myself, other than using correct grammar and not being an insane asshole. Well, here we go.

Maybe you Canadian fuckers can interrogate me about the time I got drunk at Cooper's place when I was 17 and had a cold and puked all over the driveway and sidewalk after bitching to Raska about my parents. ;)

And not to be faggy or anything, but since someone mentioned it--if it means anything to you guys, you really did mean something to me. I was on AF when I was 17-19. Formative years and relationships and all that, even if it was just exchanging text online. I have some great memories associated with this site.

And I still hoep Toyota scores o[[popints.
sombrio

Postby Talon » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm

^Sounds like something ROD would say.

Just kidding... welcome back, mate. :cheers:
Talon

Postby Turbojett » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:08 pm

oh shiiiit... where in SoCal you at, bro?
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby millertime » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 am

Ya. Ok. I believe you now. Anything else you remember from that night?

Also. What the hell have you been up to for the last 10 years?
millertime

Next

Return to General Banter