[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - So it's 5am and I'm awake.

So it's 5am and I'm awake.

General Topics

So it's 5am and I'm awake.

Postby SBF » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:32 am

I've actually been awake since 2:30.

So my whole world has been a ball of shit lately. At the end of September I lost my job. It's just been a huge pain in the ass to find a new one. I don't want to go back into telecommunications, I know what it's like and it's just not what I want to do. I've been searching the web every other day and I've been throwing out applications, but I've had of no success. I've had one interview and that's it.

I want to get back into the classic car stuff and there is a huge gap in the Corvair market since my old boss closed his business. I thought about starting my own business, but my wife and I are butting heads and we've fought over it several times. I've pretty much given up on the idea, mainly because I'm tired of fighting.

All I can do is keep looking and hope I find something.

My other current situation, is that I have had some issues with kidney stones. If you never have had them, be glad. I just had my 3rd procedure since Christmas and hopefully this is over with. I do have a stent inside me, so that will have to be removed at some point. I'm actually glad I'm not working, because I would have to been out on disability for this.

I hope things will get better. This has just been a rollercoaster.
SBF

Re: So it's 5am and I'm awake.

Postby JaysonAych » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:30 pm

I'm sorry that things are going so rough right now. Where have you been putting in applications? You mentioned the classic car work, but are there other things that you're looking into as well? What kind of place was it that gave you the interview?

I've never had to deal with kidney stones (and considering how much soda I drink, I'm beyond surprised), but people I've known who've dealt with them have told me plenty of horror stories. That's got to be awful, and I hope that it's all done and over with.
JaysonAych

Postby SBF » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:23 pm

I've been putting in applications to transportation companies, I've put a few into some mechanics stuff, and some other miscellaneous jobs. What I have noticed from the last time that I was looking for employment, is that the employers are getting really picky on what they want, even for entry level jobs. I've seen a lot of jobs that look cool, but I don't even meet the minimum requirements for what they are looking for.

I had an interview with Crown Lift Trucks. I made it to the second part of the interview, but then they sent me a letter saying they chose someone else.
SBF

Postby ryguy79 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I passed a stone last year. Worst thing ever. Morphine only took the edge off. Mojo sent.
ryguy79

Postby Talon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 pm

That sucks, man. Can only go up from here, right? Good luck getting back on your feet.
Talon

Postby Turbojett » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Sucks about the kidney stone. I've never had one, but it kinda runs in my family (and only in the males, no less), and I have a really lousy diet (yeah, yeah, I know) so unfortunately I think its a matter of time.
As far as the job thing, I've been there, more times than I care to recount, and there's nothing saying I won't be there again. Just keep at it man, you'll get through this.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Shit man - sorry to hear that.

Have you thought about heading back to school, upgrading with some additional certifications, etc.? A lot of really cool programs don't require a ton of additional years of study or tuition money, and can open up some significant careers. Thinking particularly about stuff like EMS, EMT work. Firefighting. Police or other enforcement type work. etc. I know that the fish and wildlife guys up here have a really cool job. Don't require a ton of formal education. And make good money.

Nows the time to do it, when you're still young enough to pay off any additional debt and turn whatever you end up doing into a career.
thewalrus

Postby Swerve » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 pm

Good luck with the job hunt.

And I know what a kidney stone feels like. I really hope you don't have another.
Swerve

Postby 00ranger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:06 am

Shit can only get better. Keep your head up dude
00ranger

Postby Honor » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Honor

Return to General Banter