[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Hybrid Hypercars

Hybrid Hypercars

Favo(u)rite of these new hypercars?

Ferrari LaFerrari
50%
McLaren P1
20%
Porsche 918 Spyder
20%
Supercars should be gas-only you fuckin treehugger, guh-hyuck.
10%

Total votes : 10

Hybrid Hypercars

Postby Turbojett » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:07 am

Looks like Hybrids are the new thing in sportscars/supercars/hypercars.

Ferrari LaFerrari

McLaren P1

Porsche 918 Spyder
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Re: Hybrid Hypercars

Postby Talon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:14 am

Relatively speaking, the Porsche sucks. Way out matched. It's a tough choice between the other two but I went Ferrari.
Talon

Postby JaysonAych » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:56 am

JaysonAych

Postby ryguy79 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:20 am

Ferrari The Ferrari, despite the ridiculously stupid name, seems amazing.
ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:14 pm

for performance, Ferrari all the way. The McLaren is a beast too, but that Ferrari really does something for me.

design-wise though, I would go with the Porsche. It might be the underdog where performance is concerned, but damn, it's beautiful. I think in 20 years, when all three of these are considered legends, the Porsche will still look as good as it does today, while the other two will age less gracefully. You'll definitely be able to tell when the Fezza and the Mac were made. Not to say that they won't still look good, but they'l show their age more.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Honor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:16 pm

I had no idea the P1 was a hybird. There is a McLaren dealer near me so I have seen a few on the road. They don't sound like a hybrid, they sound like a normal whiny supercar. Ferrari looks the best though.
Honor

Postby Talon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:34 pm

^ You seriously didn't know the P1 was a hybrid?

PS - dat Ferrari :wub:
Talon

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Its a shame they are all so darn ugly. I suppose hybrids need to look different. McLaren for me as I can't get over the stupid name of the Ferrari.
Arthur Dent

Postby ConeDodger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

I picked the 918 because its the best looking..because the other stats are completely irrelevant to anything I'd ever need in a car.
That kid that used to be Dodge...
ConeDodger

Postby thewalrus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Porsche for me. The benefits of open top driving outweigh any consideration I'd put on miniscule differences in peak performance that I'll get nowhere close to in real life.
thewalrus

Postby Honor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:17 am

It's not like we can afford them anyway.
Honor

Postby Talon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

I'm pretty sure both the P1 and LF are available in a spyder edition. The LF for sure... it's brand new... might not be out yet but I've seen photos.
Talon

Postby 00ranger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:42 pm

P1
00ranger

Postby Turbojett » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:28 am

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Talon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:35 am

Talon

Postby thewalrus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:06 am

thewalrus

Postby Swerve » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:15 pm

The 918 might be outmatched on paper but pretty sure both Top Gear and Evo preferred it to the P1 in real world driving because it made 900hp accessible. In TG's 3-way comparison every reviewer liked the Ferrari most. And these are British mags placing the Mac last!

I don't care and would still take the McLaren. I currently drive a very loud car and would value electric-only running - which the Ferrari can't do. Yet the P1 is also the biggest animal in full power mode. Sure, I'll be in a tree after 5 or 6 corners. But what a way to go!
Swerve

Postby Talon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:54 pm

I'd take the coupe any day, but.........

Talon

Return to European