[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - The Challenger HellCat

The Challenger HellCat

The Challenger HellCat

Postby thewalrus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm wondering if this is going to go down as some sort of 'muscle car swan song'. Sort of the ultimate muscle car

Looks absolutely ridiculous. 700+ horsepower. Sub-11 second 1/4 mile times. Straight off the factory floor. All using pretty old-school techniques. Cool stuff - and I'm not sure there's much further to go after this. I mean, what do you make to top it? And how do you keep it (relatively) affordable? And how much of a market will there be if gas prices keep rising? Especially in 5-10 years. And interest in performance cars keeps falling among my generation (the one that'll be coming into more disposable income over the next few years)?

Obviously, I'd rather a Miata, but this is still damn awesome. And honestly, if this is going to be the way the muscle car goes out, the last of its kind, - that's pretty cool, too.

thewalrus

Re: The Challenger HellCat

Postby SBF » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 pm

I don't think muscle cars are going away anytime soon. These aren't daily drivers, they're someone's second car, they always will be. So you could justify gas mileage with a vehicle like that. I don't think anyone else will get near the Hellcat without assistance from an aftermarket source. I could be wrong, but Dodge basically decided to up the horsepower two fold, so it will be a while before anyone catches up, if at all.
SBF

Postby Talon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:02 am

Nobody looks at that car and gives two fucks about gas mileage. In fact, I'd wager to think it's almost a badge of honor the worse it is at that point. "Yea, I just picked up the new Hellcat. It has 707hp and gets eight mpg. Fuckin sweet."

The car is ridiculous. It's almost as though Chrysler got sick of being the third in line and just said fuck it, we're going to make this as crazy as we possibly can. I'd still rather a C6Z06 but you just can't argue with 700+hp. I can't wait to hear one...
Talon

Postby Honor » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:07 am

Too fast for anything but the track...
Honor

Postby ryguy79 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:49 am

I love it. And the Charger Hellcat. Reviews that I've watched and read have been quite positive.
ryguy79

Postby SBF » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:06 pm

SBF

Postby thewalrus » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:00 pm

thewalrus

Postby Turbojett » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

oddly enough, Dodge says the Charger Hellcat is faster. I like the Chally, but it looks very similar to other, lesser Challengers, and the overall design hasn't changed much since 2008. The Charger has more differentiation, a fresher design, and over all just looks more badass. If I wanted to slow the Earth's rotation, that's the car I'd do it with.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:24 pm

thewalrus

Postby Turbojett » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:55 am

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Swerve » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:27 am

Ford Mustang RTR - 725hp
Swerve

Postby ryguy79 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:00 pm

I finally got around to watching the Motor Trend Ignition episode on the Challenger Hellcat. WANT.
ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 pm

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Swerve » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:14 am

Fine. Well didn't the outgoing Shelby GT600 have 660hp? I guess the next one will have over 700 and they'll cut the price a bit.
Swerve

Postby Turbojett » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 am

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Chryco with its Hell Cat Challenger and Charger cars is all about being a bad ass in your face, I don't give a F#*K cars. I love these two machines. Those that buy them probably do not give much a care for the price of gas to feed them. It all comes down to do I need a 2 door coupe or a 4 door sedan.

For me I would want a manual gear box so I'd lean towards the Challenger. But if I had the cash to buy both I'd be ok with the Charger being an automatic.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Honor » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Honor

Postby ryguy79 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 pm

ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:54 pm

a Geo Metro isn't really fast enough for anything. I'd be thoroughly surprised if the older ones could even reach freeway speed. IIRC they didn't even have a hundred Hp. Then again, they probably only weighed a little over a ton.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Swerve » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I had a lot of fun driving the 1.0l, 3 cylinder Swift owned by an ex. I think it was a 3 sp auto, just to kill the power completely. But it definitely managed 75mph whenever required.

The driving experience was certainly about preserving speed, as opposed to my old 95hp 88 Civic which was a joy to work through the gears and revs.
Swerve

Next

Return to North American