[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - 2004 WRX STi

2004 WRX STi

2004 WRX STi

Postby thewalrus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:55 pm

A friend of mine is selling his 2004 WRX STi, and is giving me first kick at the can, at $15000. World Rally Blue. Gold wheels. No accidents. No modifications. Something like 60 000 km, and he's the owner from new. From what I can tell, that's a pretty decently sweet deal. Also a car I've had a soft spot for since it was first released.

Anyone here have any experience with the first STi in North America? I hear it's pretty raw and basic. Interior build quality is pretty low. But the thing is just as fast as a new one. Which is awesome. I've been tossing the idea of a second, reliable, all-year car for a while now. And this could fit the bill. Plus, if it's anything like Miller's, pretty awesome to drive.

I've also kicked around the idea of another, older, GTI (1.8Ts or post FSI 2.0s). Other stick-shift VWs. Lesser Subarus. E90 / E91 / E92 BMWs. Various Audis. Even my perennial love of Jeep Wranglers (which is very much the dark horse option) has resurfaced.

I don't know - still have to rent a second parking stall from someone - so it's all theoretical at this point. But whenever I contemplate spending 10 - 12 on a preowned BMW or GTI or Audi, I can't help but think the awesomeness : Dollar ratio is way higher with the STi.
thewalrus

Re: 2004 WRX STi

Postby Talon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 pm

Ummm, yes. Even if you only keep it for a year you could probably sell it and not lose much, if anything. I assume he's giving you the friends and family rate. I am no up to par on used STis.

And with 40k miles, that's really low.

Was it the 2004 that didn't come with a radio or A/C?
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:27 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 am

I may be a little bias, but I still think it's worth doing. I never use the A/C in the summer in my Evo. In fact, it doesn't even work anymore due to lack of use. Then again, I don't live in Alabama or something were it's almost be a necessity... but neither do you.

The no radio thing would suck... but if it's not a dd and you just take it out now and again, or to work, then it'd probably not be such a big deal.

I always thought the 04/05 were the cleanest looking N American STi models out.

Talon

Postby Talon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:39 am

One of my friends (well, more of an acquaintance on track days) TTs his 2005. Basically anything that can be done to a car has been done to this car. It's hella fast.
Attachments
asdf.jpg
asdf.jpg (72.35 KiB) Viewed 54153 times
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 pm

thewalrus

Postby tut » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:49 pm

what's this thing you call "a one owner, low mileage, stock STi"?

just bear in mind that no radio and aircon would limit your resale option a tiny bit...

love these cars in a weird way... just don't like the flat brim monster hat and mirror sunnies wearing, UFC singlet wearing image that goes with them...
tut

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Buy it before you have kids or you're stupid.
ryguy79

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:20 pm

also, that would be a $20k+ car in Colorado.
ryguy79

Postby Talon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 am

Talon

Postby Talon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:35 am

Talon

Postby Talon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:38 am

If it wasn't for the AWD (Ohio living) and four doors (and having a kid), I'd probably put my Evo up and look for a Mustang 350GTR... assuming I lived in a climate I could drive it every day of the year... which I don't.
Talon

Postby Honor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:04 am

Do it, if you got the BALLS :twisted:
Honor

Postby thewalrus » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:10 pm

thewalrus

Postby Swerve » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:27 pm

You can't really lose.
Swerve