[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - So I'm in love...

So I'm in love...

So I'm in love...

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:26 am

The Cayman GT4. 911 Engine. Apparently a lot of bits and pieces from the GT3. Ties the 2011 GT3 around the Nurburgring. Only offered with a 6 speed manual. And less than $100 k. (ha!)

Still - awesome car. Seems Porsche is also losing the inclination to keep the 911 and the Cayman apart.

Also interesting, it seems like a Boxster Spyder GT4 might be coming around.

Of course in my pay bracket (and most definitely in my possibly future pay bracket), a 10 year old Cayman might be the best I can hope for.
thewalrus

Re: So I'm in love...

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:35 am

...but a guy can dream.

Nice that the Cayman's finally getting its due. It'd still be pretty cool to see one with a turbo engine/AWD/PDK, but I doubt that's gonna happen either.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Talon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:14 pm

I was never a big fan of the Cayman. Something about it was always just 'blah' to me.

That, however, is sweet. Do want!
Talon

Postby ryguy79 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Cayman GT4 is my 'if i won the lottery car'. Sure, there are faster, more exotic cars. But this one seems just right.
ryguy79

Postby ryguy79 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:39 pm

ryguy79

Postby Swerve » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 pm

The GT4 seems like a brilliant car. Sold out in hours. Give it a couple of years and the GT3 and GT4 will be the only non-turbo Porsches.
Swerve

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:52 pm

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 pm

ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Sun May 03, 2015 8:39 pm

touche
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Swerve » Sat May 09, 2015 7:05 am

I get the appeal of the GT4 being as fast as possible, given the name implies a racing focus. But this particular car is clearly designed to avoid being a junior GT3. The GT3 is now PDK-only, so I think it is genius by Porsche offering this only with the manual.

Besides, in the latest Evo a base Cayman beat the Exige (among others) around a track. So the GT4 must move.
Swerve

Return to European