[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - What do you all think of 03-08 Hyundai Tiburons?

What do you all think of 03-08 Hyundai Tiburons?

What do you all think of 03-08 Hyundai Tiburons?

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:57 am

Just kicking around the idea of buying an affordable 2 door coupe. I do not want to drop a lot of coin but there are not too many good, fairly young 2 door coupes out there.

Tibbies from 03-08 look pretty sharp. I know they are not rockets, though the 2.7L V-6 will do nicely. The 2.0L 4 is the same engine as in my Elantra. It's not a gun slinger type engine but goes fast enough to get you tickets if you are not looking out for Officer Buzz Kill.

I find the Tiburon to be a nice looking car with a good clean interior. I do wish it had full gauges, OIL AND VOLTS are becoming rare in many cars today. But it has sharp Speedo and Tach.

Tibbies get a variety of review feedback online. Some very good, some not but as typical most are in between. So what do you all think of 03-08 Tiburon?

The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Re: What do you all think of 03-08 Hyundai Tiburons?

Postby JaysonAych » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:52 am

I test drove one back when they were brand new and the ride was rough as all hell. Aside from that, it seemed like a fine enough car, though.
JaysonAych

Postby Swerve » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:27 am

Bit of a lean period for affordable coupes. I'm guessing the 350Z is outside the range you're looking (?)
Swerve

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:45 pm

I don't believe the handling is anything special on these. I've heard they drive pretty much like a 2000s econ-box. Pretty average. For something a bit more special feeling I'd look at a Celica, Mustang, etc even if its a bit older.
Arthur Dent

Postby Talon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Pretty sweet car... if you're a 16 year old girl.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:51 pm

OK looking.

But, like Dent said, there are others out there I'd take instead. The Celica GT / GT-S is pretty affordable now, and I think a superior car. Same thing with a Mustang from that era.

If you don't need two rear seats or a fixed roof (and this is a second car, right?) why not go with an NA or NB Miata?
thewalrus

Postby Honor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 pm

I was considering one of these for a cheap DD too but not crazy about the looks and I heard they have issues. I was thinking of a similar year camry solara v6 instead.
Honor

Postby Honor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Honor

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:07 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Acura RSX-S, Celica GT-S, Nissan Sentra SE-R (turbo), Cobalt SS, just to name a few.

I'd take any of those over a Tib.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 pm

thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:36 pm

If I go on the cheap side it may just be a second car. If I pony up a bit more cash I will replace the Elantra as a new daily driver. My Elantra has been a damn good car for me. It looks good for a sedan, it's cheap to run etc. It drives well and has decent get up and go. But I miss the zest and fun that my Daytona Shelby Z had. You don't know what you got till its gone I guess. :lol:

I'm looking at the Tibby as to me it's a nice looking car but I also have been enamoured with RX-8. I once owned an RX-7 and loved the rotary engine. But rotaries can be troublesome if not well cared for. IMO the RX-8 is a much better sports car than a Tibby as of course it is RWD. It also has a half ass decent rear seat with the extra doors to get in and out of with.

Ford Mustangs are also on my radar. They would be a cool RWD sports coupe. But the V-8's are a bit more than I'd want to spend. The V-6 will do and would have enough get up and go but V-8's are more to want sporty for.

I really want a car that has a quazi-rear seat :lol: even if just squeezing extra passengers for short trips so it will rule out cool two seaters. My RX-7 was my back in the day fun two seater. It was a PIA if a call for hauling extra passengers came up. A few times I did stick illegally a passenger in the back hatch with their legs straddling the front console. It was hilarious. :lol:

Of course out of nostalgia I'd like to have a Daytona Shelby fall back into my lap. I know they were not the best made cars even though mine was pretty good in over all shape and care. ZILCH rust even after being over 22 years old when I sold it. They were quick, sporty, fun to drive and could still carry four well enough. IMO Daytonas have aged gracefully and do not look out dated even after all these years. A lot of other cars cannot reflect graceful aging. But they are getting hard to find in any decent condition out here. Too many folks I guess got rid of too many cool 80's and 90's cars through the former scrap it programme that B.C. had in the early 2000's. People, "PLEASE DON'T CRUSH THEM, RESTORE THEM!" as American Muscle Car ended each programme with.

Anyways, all this stuff is stewing on my mind. I've been banking a some discretionary cash for a good, sporty, but lower priced used car. I just don't play the new car game anymore and do not care to spend lots of money on cars as such. My 1988 Shelby Z cost me $6000 out the door and I owned it over 14 years with no major issues other than wear and tear and maintenance. It told me a lot about how a good cheap(er) used car can be a great thing to own and not be such a lousy depreciating investment as new cars are. I did the new car thing long enough when I was first getting into cars. I hated the lost money and the seemingly never ending payments. I bought 3 new cars within 6 years and my wife back in the day bought 2 during the same said years. UGH! :x

When I bought my Elantra (used) I asked the sales guy what he drives. He told me (at the time) and pointed it out that he was driving a 1985 Mercedes (???) he bought for $1500.00. He said that He'd drive it till it drops and then just buy another cheap used car. I found it funny that he sold new and used cars for a living but drove older used cars for cheap.

There is no rush but I am looking for input. You guys have given me some and that's great.

Anyways, I'm still listening.
Last edited by Les / Vipers Rule on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Honor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:49 pm

Honor

Postby Honor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Honor

Postby Honor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Honor

Postby thewalrus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:03 am

Last edited by thewalrus on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:07 am

thewalrus

Postby Honor » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:26 am

I hear lots of horror stories about Volkswagens that's pretty much why I stay away from them
Honor

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:57 am

Yeah, around here lots of Honda/Acura 2 door's have lots of kms and are still pricey given the mileage they have. I do like the 1990's Honda Qualude (Prelude) always have.

I've looked up a few Mitsubishi Eclipse (2000's models). Kinda cool, sporty looking too. Priced reasonably with good get up and go numbers.

A car from the past that would be one to consider would be the late 80's early 90's Toyota Supra, turbo or non. I always liked them as nice GT type cars. But again they are hard to find.

Les / Vipers Rule

Next

Return to Asian