[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Dude wants to trade his car for my MGB - straight up

Dude wants to trade his car for my MGB - straight up

Dude wants to trade his car for my MGB - straight up

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Found the note on my windshield last night.

His car?

A 1993 Honda Del Sol with 200 000 km.

:|

For whatever reason I've actually always kind of liked the Del Sols. But I don't see myself making this trade.
thewalrus

Re: Dude wants to trade his car for my MGB - straight up

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:00 pm

Maybe if he adds some cash in. Otherwise I'd say no go. Are you trying to sell? I thought I saw it on Kijiji.

I've traded once - A Chrysler LeBaron for a Lada Niva. Fair trade. :D
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:22 pm

Last edited by thewalrus on Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I'd be pretty fine if I don't sell it, too.
thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:42 pm

I'd pass on a Spriget unless you find an early car. They are rather fragile. The later ones are quite cramped inside. The Spitfire while still having issues is a much better car.

How about stepping up to a V8. This might be a cool trade if you could swing it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/cal ... 1055424203

or

A TR8 is an awesome and undervalued car. (but of province - bummer)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/let ... nFlag=true

maybe a six?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/red ... nFlag=true
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:10 pm

Man, I've seen that GT6. I want it, bad. But I'd need to sell the MG first. I might shoot him a text about a trade - but I'd bet that he'd say no.

On another note though - doesn't that seem awfully light for a GT6? I'm wondering if there's something wrong with it - bad accident, rotted frame, etc? The spare engine doesn't fill me with confidence either.
thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Looks about right for a driver level GT6 to me. The stock wheels looked spray painted from a can for example. Fine for a driver but not a show winner. The large asking price ones never seem to sell. I won't worry about the spare engine - lots of Brit car guys have parts car or small amount of caches of parts. I sold my rust free Spitfire last August for $2200 with a crappy carb, torn top and recent but ok quality paint job.

Oh and how tall are you? GT6 are not for tall people.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Haha - dude is actually interested in the MG. Just texted me back. This could be interesting.

Of course there's a part of me that's cautious - I just got this MG running really nicely. Warms up nicely. Idles beautifully. Pulls hard in every gear. Doesn't run hot. ...
thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:08 pm

No harm in looking ... :D

For the GT6 the biggest issues are rust and a slightly weak gearbox. Its 2L engine is very similar to the TR6. Parts will be a little more than your MG but the mechanical bits are still cheap. Be on the look out for any missing GT6 specific bits especially any missing interior bits. Anything in common with the Spitfire is cheap and easy to source. They are super easy to work on.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Interesting - I was just looking at Hagerty, I didn't know the GT6s were that much less pricey than the TR6s. Something about them made me think they must be worth more money.
thewalrus

Postby tut » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:02 pm

this car used to smoke crx del sols. stock.

well, mine did. multiple times. mine was blue. but i've heard white cars are faster?
tut

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:06 am

what? everybody knows red cars are faster.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Honor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 am

Honor

Postby Swerve » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:35 am

I saw the Honda S660 and thought of you, Wally. The CRZ wasn't quite right but the S660 seems like a great combination of that car's good bits and the MGB.
Swerve

Postby Turbojett » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 pm

we're not getting it over here. :(
damn shame.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm

thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:14 pm