[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Another Chapter in the Life of Talon Has Officially Closed

Another Chapter in the Life of Talon Has Officially Closed

Another Chapter in the Life of Talon Has Officially Closed

Postby Talon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Sold my RSX-S on Saturday. I've never asked more of a car that would ask for nothing in return. 17 track days and only oil, brake pads, and new tires were required. But, it was time to let it go and take a sabbatical from tracking. I think I'll do it again, but not for some time. This should go without saying but if you ever have the means, do it.

Now on to the pic whoring...

Probably my closest call in this car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQiLeiC ... Ko1l2O1zpw

Good times, good times...
Talon

Re: Another Chapter in the Life of Talon Has Officially Clos

Postby Swerve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:00 am

Did you tell the seller about the track days?
Swerve

Postby Swerve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:01 am

Um, yeah, buyer...
Swerve

Postby Turbojett » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:41 pm

ah yes, that good ole code brown. My shoulders always tighten every time I see that. And I still say his hugest mistake was tapping the brakes when he lost control; of course, he was going in too hot anyway.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:14 pm

Oh man, it seems like you've had that car forever. Since the old AF, at least.

What are you picking up to replace it? If anything?
thewalrus

Postby Talon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:27 pm

For some reason the quote button isn’t working on my work computer. Anyway…

Swerve: No

TJ: You’re exactly right. Thing is, it was raining all morning so that dude wasn’t running in the rain. Come afternoon it had cleared up but was still cool outside and the track was still a little damp. Well I saw that guy coming through “Thunder Valley” (basically where I started the video that goes under the bridge) so I took that left very tight to give him room to pass on the inside of the carousel (if you watch the video close, you can actually see my left arm do a point by). Well that fuckwit went screaming into the right way too fast (damp track + too fast + elevation drop + cold slicks + too much speed + late braking = spin every time).

So as I was going around the outside I was braking harder and harder to avoid, then my car got loose and that’s when you see me correct. That C5 was turbocharged, btw, so he was moving. This is what happens when you have more money than brains. The only thing he did right was let off the brakes and let the car roll into the grass. Had he just slammed the brakes I probably would have hit him, or had to bail to avoid. Thankfully I had enough brake to avoid him. Dude never apologized either. Not even a “Sorry about that, got away from me there.” Wife told me he went off somewhere else in that run, too. Fucking asshole.

Wally: Yea, May, 2009 is when I bought it. After I had to ditch my Evo I was done. But then after a year or so I didn’t want to quit the hobby on a bad note – get back on the horse, if you will. So I bought the Acura from my sister’s ex-bf with the intention of getting one good year in and selling it. That was five years ago haha. Not replacing it for now. It was a good run. Hopefully sometime I’ll get to do it again.
Talon

Postby millertime » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:28 am

millertime

Postby Talon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:33 am

I still do have the Evo. Down to it, and the DD Impreza 2.5i.
Talon

Postby millertime » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:59 pm

millertime

Postby SBF » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am

Too bad, but if you were ready to let it go, then it's better than it sitting around.
SBF

Postby Turbojett » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:20 am

money can buy you a turbocharged Vette, but it can't buy you brains or skill.
well, it can buy you a racing school course.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Return to Cars in General