[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Can't drive the VW again

Can't drive the VW again

Can't drive the VW again

Postby thewalrus » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:20 pm

So this happened:

2.0 GS Sport (5 door) with a 6 speed and the moonroof package.

It's not as quick as the TDI - and certainly not as quick as the Miata or GTI. But it's a fun, spirited drive. Handles really nicely, and the shifter is great. Quicker than my Civic or CRZ. Fuel economy is really good (so far) - about 6.2 - 6.5 l/100km in the city. Apparently it averages high 5s on the highway. 0% financing. And now the TDI sits and waits in our garage until we can figure out what VW is going to do about it.

We were going to get something else anyway - but all this VAG business made it happen sooner than later.
Attachments
20150923_200022.jpg
20150923_200022.jpg (111.32 KiB) Viewed 64489 times
thewalrus

Re: Can't drive the VW again

Postby tut » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:46 pm

nice car! i wouldn't mind one of those as a practical family cruiser one day.. if the missus lets me...

i have to admit, i've been quite the mazda fanboy recently, ever since i've owned one.. (and possibly the shittest one, with the least power :P )
tut

Postby Talon » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 pm

The new Mazdas are really nice. Every time I see a 6 I almost do a double take.
Talon

Postby JaysonAych » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:20 am

Very nice indeed!
JaysonAych

Postby 1300zuk » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:55 pm

How long are you going to let the VW sit?

It's probably at least 4 months, but closer to 9 or 12 months before any sort of fix is available.
1300zuk

Postby Arthur Dent » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Wow that seems like an extreme reaction. Can't sell the VW for a decent price? The Mazda looks real nice though ...
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:48 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Should've bought the STi.

Then, as much as you don't want to hear it, swallow your pride and continue to drive the VW until this subsides. It will not be a sellers' market for VWs any time soon. If you have it, you might as well drive it; if you're going to sell it soon, you'll probably eat a chunk.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:16 am

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:28 am

Talon

Postby thewalrus » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:12 am

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:57 am

That is totally the wrong mazda, but nice anyway.
ryguy79

Postby thewalrus » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:26 pm

thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:12 pm

This might just be a shot to the nutsack - the 3 recalled

http://www.autos.ca/general-news/mazda- ... nk-recall/
Arthur Dent

Postby Talon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:32 pm

When it rains, it pours...
Talon

Postby 1300zuk » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Ugh I kind of miss working on recalls :(
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:19 pm

thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:35 pm

Well, the good news is that I checked my VIN and date of manufacture. I'm outside of the recall zone. So far.

So all's good now!

The bad news is that I have to stop making jokes about my MG being less likely to consume me in fire. it was almost certainly more likely to burst into flames.
thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Well their old slogan was Safety Fast!
Arthur Dent

Postby 1300zuk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:36 am

just a normal recall, they know what went wrong, they are addressing it quickly.

not really a big deal unless you get into an accident and fuel spills out. More common problem would be stalling or hesitation during a purge cycle when it sucks raw fuel into the intake.
1300zuk

Next

Return to Cars in General