[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Never buying another VAG product again.

Never buying another VAG product again.

Re: Never buying another VAG product again.

Postby 1300zuk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:49 am

Well in terms of regulation off-road use is anything not used on roads, so diggers, bulldozers, boats, etc.

I didn't create English or how they classify groups. And seriously relax about the issue you'll get all worked over a very small global issue, yes VW fucked up and should be punished, but it's still the same car, it's still fuel efficient, it's still safe to drive from a physical standpoint. It might be 2 years before your car has a fix, enjoy the car you purchased.
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:00 am

thewalrus

Postby tut » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:43 am

appeared on my facebook. not sure how much actually has to do with diesel road cars, though ...

also, i dislike diesels, as they smell and are noisy, and shit... even the "clean" ones ... yet i do agree with zuk that they're far from the biggest polluters. then again, multiple years ago, i spent a day and a half researching maps of lung cancer per capita and diesel cars per capita. and there was a link. yes, it wasn't very unscientific research, and i knew what i wanted to prove beforehand, and the actual link between the both might be non-existant..

oh well

all i know is that i feel like i'm dieing a bit everytime i walk past the brussels airport taxi rank....
tut

Postby 1300zuk » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm

You had an MG that didn't have a catalyst or an evap system, but owning a car that does not meet current EPA regulations is not ok.
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:00 am

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:48 pm

This thread is bringing back the AF of old :wub:
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:53 pm

thewalrus

Postby 1300zuk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm

It's a shitty deal, but do you really want this to consume your life for the next 2 years while you wait for a fix?

And also, I find it quite funny that the U.S. Government helped citizens purchase these cars during cash for clunkers. :D
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:25 pm

thewalrus

Postby 1300zuk » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Suzuki got rid of VW just in time.

Asian companies are generally very honest when it comes to this stuff.
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:18 pm

thewalrus

Postby Turbojett » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:23 am

I'm torn. I don't like Volkswagen Brand proper, I always thought they were overrated and didn't deserve all the plaudits the ever-mercurial car-media was heaping onto them (I'm lookin' square at you Jalopnik. Yeah, suck VW's dick while they're on top, and now that they've been caught, you're leading the witchhunt like you never liked them--bullshit!)
And I'm pissed off that they would do such a thing--but to say you've lost it for all VAG products...That's a lot of R8's, Lambos and Bugattis not to pine over. I just can't give those up...
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby thewalrus » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:54 pm

thewalrus

Postby tut » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:13 pm

In other news, my brother just got a new company car
a one year old vw golf tdi...
tut

Postby 1300zuk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:27 am

I'm really curious what the fix is going to be, a 2009 with 200k on it has already done the damage, not worth a lot of money.

Does VW repurchase vehicle and destroy, repair, give customer dollar amount, contribute to environmental agency?

Sure they are supposed to come up with a fix, but if parts are involved it will take years to fix the majority. If it's just reflash they can start soon. Just reflash is very unlikely or else they would have already done it, so parts or reduced vehicle performance with a reflash are their only option.

The customer can really do nothing at this point but wait and continue to drive, those with highest mileage may come out ahead financially.
1300zuk

Postby thewalrus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Last edited by thewalrus on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:26 pm

And seriously, even a lot of my TDI owning friends who are suitably outraged at the environmental destructiveness of VW's NOx issue have said that if they went in, were given $5000 + a decent trade in on the TDI + a discount on a new TSI, would probably make the switch. Just so long as they didn't end up paying more money for having done it - ie. montly payments still the same, term still the same. Or if it's paid off just a direct flip, one for the other.

Just approximating the math in my head, I bet that a $15 k effective trade in / downpayment + a 15% reduction on the cost of a loaded TSI + 0% financing would get you there. The customer may even be 'ahead' in that scenario.
thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:22 pm

I wonder if some of the older ones will be exported to third world countries
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:22 pm

thewalrus

Postby 1300zuk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Other manufacturers recalls are slowly trickling through while VW has the spotlight.

Those are always fun to monitor, because sometimes auto companies sit on older recalls to time them with another's larger to try and keep bad press to a minimum. Also manufacturers review others recalls to make sure they don't have the same problem. So expect more, much smaller focused recalls to occur from everyone
1300zuk

PreviousNext

Return to Cars in General