[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Sold The MGB

Sold The MGB

Sold The MGB

Postby thewalrus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:44 pm

Had it a year, and it was a ton of fun, while I had it. But the car sat for 5 months of the year collecting dust. And without any real room, or light to work on it - not to mention a lack of talent - continuing to keep it up was going to be pricey.

Anyway, sold it for what I paid for it, so I'm only out maintenance, insurance and gas. Money's in the account and itching to be spent.

Looking around at some other cars - mostly preowned VW Wagons and GTIs. Some Subarus too. Still half tempted by the Mini Cooper Clubman - the one I test drove a few years back was pretty cool. And I suspect it'd be a nice runabout for around town and the occasional jaunt to the mountains. Nothing's really caught my attention though. At least not in a big way.

Also looking at a few other areas to spend some money. Two touring kayaks is pretty high on the list. We could get a complete set up - including racks for the TDI - with a lot of money back for the price of a second car. Also thinking about more camera equipment - the new Canon 5D is a pretty slick piece of kit. Pricy though. Not sure I'd get much more out of it than I'm already getting out of my current set up.
thewalrus

Re: Sold The MGB

Postby Arthur Dent » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:10 pm

I'd call that ownership experience a success! 8-)

Not sure I'd go with a used MINI. The MG was probably more reliable.

How about a classic dump truck?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edm ... nFlag=true
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:41 pm

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:47 am

Miata

lol
ryguy79

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Let's spend Wally's money. I vote for this - retro wagon

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/cal ... nFlag=true

Or how about a Mercedes wallet drainer? Impress all those all lawyers.

I know if I brought this beauty home I'd be told to live it ...

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/cal ... nFlag=true

Make ryguy jelous with this classic Subaru

Can't decide between a van or truck? No need to!

If you don't immediately drop everything and run out and buy at least one of these then all hope is lost for you
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:49 pm

thewalrus

Return to Cars in General