[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - What are you guys driving these days?

What are you guys driving these days?

What are you guys driving these days?

Postby Omni » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:15 am

Up until this past August I had an '02 WRX that I've since traded in for a manual 2010 Accord Coupe. It's clearly not as much fun but I thought the gearbox was a nice compromise for affordability and all that.
Attachments
20140817_142606.jpg
20140817_142606.jpg (333.72 KiB) Viewed 43116 times
Omni

Re: What are you guys driving these days?

Postby thewalrus » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:09 am

2012 VW TDI with the DSG.
1971 MGB with a 4 speed.

The second is way more fun. The first is WAY more reliable.
thewalrus

Postby tut » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:49 pm

blue 2008 1.4 mazda 2

and I have a 1988 Nissan skyline in straya
tut

Postby ConeDodger » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:40 pm

and

That kid that used to be Dodge...
ConeDodger

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:16 pm

I really like those new Accords. I'd take the V6 coupe in that dark blue color with a 6-spd. It's unfortunate you cannot get the 6-spd with the four door, though.
Talon

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:31 am

My new ride

ryguy79

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:35 am

But seriously, that was just from an awesome day of skiing.

Still driving the FJ. Would love something quick again, but this is too good for adventuring.

ryguy79

Postby Pennzoil GT-R » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:33 am

99% of my travel is done on these nowadays:

I cant remember the last car i owned... i honestly don't miss it much.
Pennzoil GT-R

Postby 1300zuk » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Fiat 500 2013
Toyota Tundra 2006
Suzuki samurai 1988ish
1300zuk

Postby tut » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:04 am

actually, in a followup on pennz post,

I also do most my travels by plane. about 36k km per year.
but I strongly dislike it.

it sucks.
tut

Postby Pennzoil GT-R » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:21 am

Pennzoil GT-R

Postby Turbojett » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:22 pm

I like flying and seeing new places, but I'm honestly not a huge fan of sitting still.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Talon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:21 pm

I don't mind flying, but I do mind sitting in a sardine can with too many other people. And waiting, which is basically all flying is.
Talon

Postby tut » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:08 pm

tut

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

I don't mind flying. It can certainly be fun, especially if you're on a good plane, with good people, going somewhere nice. I rarely (never, now that I'm not with the Feds) fly for work. So that limits me to a flight or two a year.
thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:39 pm

While it's likely, largely, a function of where I live, I couldn't imagine not owning a car. I did it for 3 years in law school and it sucked, huge.

In a big city I can kind of, sort of, see it being able to work. But when you've got to drive to get anywhere interesting not having a car (or at least easy access to a car) is a non-option. I know some of my friends rent instead of own - and that seems to work out for them. Drop a couple hundred bucks when they need a car for a particular reason. But myself, I like the freedom of knowing I've always got a car available.
thewalrus

Postby Talon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:37 am

There was a period I was traveling like once a month for work... so flying. That shit gets old pretty fast. I actually had a woman breast feed her kid next to me. She used a cover and warned me a head of time... and was actually pretty good looking: blond, early 30s/late 20s. I thought about telling her I was hungry too, but didn't have the balls.

But for the most part, if you're sitting next to me on the plane, please don't talk to me. I'm not the chit chatty small talk type. Kthnx
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:51 pm

The key is to open a book right away or have head phones on. Most people get the hint. Otherwise bring up racially charged, political hot topics or religion. Make sure to take a deeply unpopular stance.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:16 pm

thewalrus

Next

Return to Cars in General