Cars you've driven and been pleasant/unpleasantly surprised.

Re: Cars you've driven and been pleasant/unpleasantly surpri

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:18 pm

U-Hauls are independently run. So each store does not want to pay for the vehicle maintenance. So they rent it on a one way rental for a new store to deal with. Repeat. So they never get maintenance. We rented one years ago that left a huge oil stain on the driveway of the house we'd just sold. :oops:
Arthur Dent

Postby tut » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:07 pm

Swerve wrote:Tut, surprised you didn't like the Cruze.

well, i guess i shouldn't complain too much as it was a free rental through RACV total care (cause the RACV guy blew some stuffs while jump starting the missus' datsun in the wrong polarity)

but yeah, if you drove through a puddle, you'd get a soggy floor mat. if you drove through 300 meters of standing water (cause straya) you actually have wet feet and puddles of water inside the car...

aside from that it sounded horrible, and was just plain old slow. and for a while we thought it might have something to do with fuel savings or something, but it averaged about 10/100 on the hume

also, mentioning that, cars i have been very pleasantly surprised with, 1980 GH sigma wagon with the 2.6 astron. did heaps of offroading, mudding, and long long drives through nowhere, and it got us home safe again, only issue was blowing more smoke than a nightclub and being a shittily prepared car (no heater, no gearstick surround, no waterproofing) but shit, that 2.6 just kept on going (once we swapped the mechanical fuel pump for an electrical one)
and then the next yeah, it did a trip from melbourne to darwin, pretty much half of it on unsealed roads again, and did multiple river crossings, hell, it did the gibb river road. at speed :p
most fuel it's used was 16/100 (carb settings were tampered with by a rally team lol) but it got a solid 10 ish/100 most of the time..

i would own one again in a heartbeat
tut

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:45 am

maybe he got a dud. they're usually pretty solid. I mean there's no excuse for any modern vehicle to let in outside rainwater (at least I'm assuming rainwater; if he was fording a stream in a Cruze, that's just damn foolish).
That being said, Consumer Reports hates them. Seriously, not a good thing to say about them.
Stoplights are communist!
Keep on Trollin'
Turbojett

Postby tut » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:26 am

there was one good thing about the cruze. it had a nice colour

WP_20140615_08_39_20_Smart.jpg
WP_20140615_08_39_20_Smart.jpg (418.58 KiB) Viewed 2731 times

(and well, sometimes in straya after some rain, there'll be puddles. big puddles...)
tut

Postby Swerve » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

I guess it is called a Cruze :lol: :lol: :lol: :|
Swerve

Postby Swerve » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:18 am

Interesting to re-read my comments regarding the CLK55. I bought it yesterday after a second drive.
Swerve

Previous

Return to Cars in General