[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - My last 5 weeks

My last 5 weeks

General Topics

My last 5 weeks

Postby Swerve » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:20 pm

Married a muslim, then for the honeymoon completed a 4,200km lap of Portugal and Spain and then a tour of middle Italy. Flying out of Rome tomorrow, having slept through the earthquake. Portugal has amazing roads but the Amalfi Coast in an Italian(ish) convertible was probably the highlight.

20160816_135444-640x360.jpg
20160816_135444-640x360.jpg (65.1 KiB) Viewed 16552 times
Swerve

Re: My last 5 weeks

Postby tut » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 am

Congrats!

Good to hear the earthquake didn't affect you too much....

Also, I take it you're a terrorist now?
tut

Postby Swerve » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Thanks. On the flight back to Istanbul from Rome we had a long conversation with a Jewish guy from Brooklyn. He'd been in Calabria collecting citrus fruit to export to the US and Israel for an annual prayer ceremony. He worked in a library and came across as a really smart dude. He also believed the earth was 5,000 years old and that the witnesses of Abraham's interaction with god handing down the story from father to son in an unbroken chain was proof of his religion, whereas others were speculative.
He was introspective enough to realise that his education made him follow these beliefs and that growing up somewhere else with different parents would lead to different beliefs - he wasn't foolish enough to believe he was innately a Jew.

But frankly, after visiting rome and seeing the civilisations built on polytheist beliefs, I am incredulous that anyone can choose to throw logic out the window and have faith in anything that rules out evolution, dinosaurs, all animals being classed below the level of free will...
He also hoped Trump would win because Hilary was having her opponents murdered and Trump would be a return to individual responsibility.
Takes all sorts and despite my links to radical Islam (they're all radicalised, after all) we decided to let this Jew return to his 6 kids alive!
Swerve

Postby Talon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:06 am

Is that a 124?
Talon

Postby Swerve » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Correct. Want to be treated like a celebrity in Italy? Drive a 124. Only downside is you won't know if you're being beeped because you're doing the wrong thing or because they're trying to compliment the car...
Swerve

Postby the_edge » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:22 am

belated congrats man :)
the_edge

Postby 1300zuk » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:56 am

Congrats
1300zuk

Return to General Banter