Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the USA

General Topics

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Swerve » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:00 am

The thing is IS has an amazingly effective marketing arm that has convinced people who have not travelled much that they are both representative of the Islamic world and are mainly against non-Muslims, while actually waging war with Iran, Iraq, Syria and Turkey. Of course, IS is heavily assisted by politicians able to score cheap political points, and a fairly lazy media out for easy ratings.
I'm sick of arguments on both sides. The invasion of Iraq was on pretty dubious grounds, but it did provide the locals an opportunity for a free, democratic country. Much like Yugoslavia, the main problem is not religion but rather tribalism that causes conflict.
Swerve
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:46 pm

sombrio wrote:Les, in all sincerity, have you ever read the Quran? You might find it informative. It really is pretty standard stuff, as religious texts go. Religious extremists are religious extremists. They pick and choose what they believe in and they can always find something to support your beliefs. The KKK felt they were justified according to the Bible, too. It doesn't condemn the entire religion.



Why do none of you answer my questions?

Islam is well known to have ideals that run 100% incompatible with the rest of the civilized world. It's not stuff I'm pulling from my ass. Unlike what you may look to be doing, I am not keeping my head in the sand (anymore, I spent much of my time leaning towards being more of "libtard" as some of you may recall even in my years past here). Islam and yes the Quran is all about jihad and the conversion or killing of infidels.

In life not all people of one group may be bad or negatively implicated into a violent idealism. But when at war, all people of said group are caught up in it. For instance, during The Nazi era and WWII not all Germans were Nazis, not all Germans actually fought in the conflict. Probably at any given time only about 10% of the German population wore the uniform. But the Allies were at war with the nation state, just as the allies were with Japan and Italy at that time as well. All Germans, Japanese and Italians be they in uniform or not were contributing to their various governments ideals and war cause. Be it in industry, technology, transport, agriculture, infrastructure, logistics and banking/financing. All of these areas fueled the military of these states and the conquests of said military. YOU CANNOT DENY MY POINTS MADE!

Islam has declared war on essentially the rest of the world, especially the developed world and states where Islam is not at this time the dominant religion, culture or governing body. LOOK AROUND YOU! I will say only this, sects of Islam are also at war with other sects of Islam and it proves to me the statistical LOW IQ and high indoctrination of most of these Islamic states to even be persecuting and killing their own general kind. The problem is much of the western world at minimum refuses to see that Islam is at war with us. Though most Muslims are NOT taking up arms, most Muslims and yes polling reveals this, show support for Islam's expansion globally including jihad/ violent jihad and as such Sharia being used over these nations they seek to dominate. THEY WILL LOSE IN THE END AND IF THEY REFUSE TO REFORM ISLAM THEY MAY VERY WILL SEW THE SEEDS OF THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION! As in time more and more of the rest of the world wakes up and takes up the cause against such radical jihadist expansion. This taking up the cause against such archaic Islamic ideals can begin with political, social, economic ways and means where we use law enforcement and military to a minimum level as needed. But if time and poor action to inaction forces us to have to ramp up the military options to defeat such a global cancer well so it will be, so it will be in time. However, the longer we wait, the more we bury heads in the sand and just toss proverbial or even actual flowers as well as blow kisses to this as displayed hateful, violent religon/culture, with us sitting in essentially a mass circle jerk while singing KUM BY AH, well then more lives to suffer and be lost and the more money wasted and time passed. ALL OUT OF MYOPIC POLITICAL CORRECTNESS mostly by liberals, social democrats, social justice warriors and the 3rd wave feminists.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:13 pm

sombrio wrote:
thewalrus wrote:Arguing with Les is like trying to reason with the radio when Rush Limbaugh is on.


I think this is a good analogy. It's futile and it's probably not healthy overall, but it feels good to vent sometimes... :?


Nice snide remark and deflection, yet you do not answer my questions posted here. You do not defend your argument, maybe you have no ammo, or maybe because you may quietly agree with most or all I say but do not want to be seen as such... If so, it's ok Wally, it's ok. Don't hide, opinions can change. You may or may not remember here, I was a so called small "L" liberal and on many political, economic and social topics. GWB was then and still is an IDIOT ASSHOLE especially for one point, invading Iraq and deposing a despot but a secular one who had Iraq in control and in general safety for most of its people. Obama and Clinton were behind (she helped the Muslim Brotherhood overthrow him) the removal of Mubarak in Egypt another secular leader who held Egypt in safe control, Qaddafi who had one of the best North African economies and who was another secular. She and to this day Obama and Kerry still have a hard on with wanting to depose the last secular leader in the region with Assad, but Putin threw a wrench in that one.

Open your mind from your years of leftist, feminist, socialist schooling and indoctrination Wally. It took me most of my adult life to eventually see that I was very much a small "L" liberal and using pure political jargon "a progressive" as such. I was the FLIP side of a far right wing talker like Limbaugh. Veils were and are being lifted from my eyes though in recent times on many topics. But years of socialistic/leftist schooling, mainstream media, government and its bureaucracy as well as all too many leftist political action groups who have run our collective agendas made it hard to break free for me... Don't get me wrong I'm not blindly falling just for the flip side now either. I'm living to be more pragmatic and less dogmatic or pegged into one hole or the other. But for our times and for one concerning Islam the right is more correct on it than the left is.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby thewalrus » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 pm

Les / Vipers Rule wrote:
sombrio wrote:
thewalrus wrote:Arguing with Les is like trying to reason with the radio when Rush Limbaugh is on.


I think this is a good analogy. It's futile and it's probably not healthy overall, but it feels good to vent sometimes... :?


Nice snide remark and deflection, yet you do not answer my questions posted here. You do not defend your argument, maybe you have no ammo, or maybe because you may quietly agree with most or all I say but do not want to be seen as such... If so, it's ok Wally, it's ok. Don't hide, opinions can change. You may or may not remember here, I was a so called small "L" liberal and on many political, economic and social topics. GWB was then and still is an IDIOT ASSHOLE especially for one point, invading Iraq and deposing a despot but a secular one who had Iraq in control and in general safety for most of its people. Obama and Clinton were behind (she helped the Muslim Brotherhood overthrow him) the removal of Mubarak in Egypt another secular leader who held Egypt in safe control, Qaddafi who had one of the best North African economies and who was another secular. She and to this day Obama and Kerry still have a hard on with wanting to depose the last secular leader in the region with Assad, but Putin threw a wrench in that one.

Open your mind from your years of leftist, feminist, socialist schooling and indoctrination Wally. It took me most of my adult life to eventually see that I was very much a small "L" liberal and using pure political jargon "a progressive" as such. I was the FLIP side of a far right wing talker like Limbaugh. Veils were and are being lifted from my eyes though in recent times on many topics. But years of socialistic/leftist schooling, mainstream media, government and its bureaucracy as well as all too many leftist political action groups who have run our collective agendas made it hard to break free for me... Don't get me wrong I'm not blindly falling just for the flip side now either. I'm living to be more pragmatic and less dogmatic or pegged into one hole or the other. But for our times and for one concerning Islam the right is more correct on it than the left is.


Veils are being lifted!!! haha you melodramatic asshat. I'm not going to debate you because you're hate filled and shrill. You can't write. You can't think. You can't even convey what little rational basis you're arguments have have in a way that makes grammatical and syntactic sense.

Reading your posts is like listening to gravel being dumped.

And for the record I'm a centrist. My "schooling" was centrist. My beliefs are centrist. And I have had many great debates with people on the right and the left of the political spectrum. Sometimes they even change my mind. But the key difference between them and you - is that they have something resembling an intellect. They think about the issues. They have a rational philosophy on how they feel the world ought to work. They actually believe in something positive instead of just rambling, angry, reactionary bullshit. Crucially, they don't just parrot whatever paranoid claptrap they hear on the latest talk radio station.

Let me guess, Les. You're probably a freeman on the land too, right? Your incessant, incomprehensible, ramblings certainly suggest you might be.


Fucking idiot.
User avatar
thewalrus
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby sombrio » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Great post, Wally.

Les, to be honest, I don't want to directly engage with you either, for most of the same reasons Wally listed. You're dogmatic, closed-minded, and insistent that you "have the right of it" regarding every issue ever, while preaching what amounts to hate speech (like, seriously--I'm pretty sure that if you shot someone, your text would be at least an aggravating factor in sentencing), on a car forum. Your rants are genuinely entertaining but I do not find them worth engaging with.

However, just using that last post as a jumping-off point... This idea that liberalism is the product of youthful inexperience is absolutely odious in today's society. I was one of the more conservative people I knew of in college. The more I have to interact with "the real world," the more liberal I get. I really don't get it. How can anyone be exposed to the workplace, the true nature of business leadership, the people running our government, etc., etc., and not lean at least a little left/socialist? I don't know if the trope is outdated or just plain stupid. But your attack on my and Wally's "left-wing indoctrination" is misguided, offensive, and stupid. I was extremely conservative in high school and college. I posted about it here. You should remember that.

The rest of it... well. Uhhh NO!!! RIGHT WING NAZIs are the ones TRUELY DESTROYING!! AMERICA!!! WAKE UP! If you do not want BROWN SHIRTED JACK BOOT THUGS running over you and your CHILD'S FUTURE (STUDENT DEBT!! NO HELP FROM NO LOAN GOP LOL!) then VOTE HILLARY 2016! Bernie was great but there is NO FUTURE in his BRAND of SOCIALISM! ALT RIGHT NAZIs want to DESTROY the country and are, ironically which I say is ironic because this is what most of them preach incessantly from time to time and with much repetition and fervor... MAKING US WEAKER TO TERRORISM!!! There is no jihad against A PEACEFUL SOCIALIST LEFT WING U.S.!!!! ONLY THE RIGHT!!!! Look up what ISIS wants in its fooreing policy such that it might even be said to have a "policy" agenda LOL!! WAR, RELIGIOUS WAR WITH AMERICA! Of COURSE TRUMP is playing right into their hands! DRUMPF and his legion of LIMP, HAND-WRINGING FEAR MONGERS are not going to KEEP us SAFE! More weapons and more tanks is not the ANSWER! Banning MEXICANS and SCARY BROWN PEOPLE is nt the ANSWER, except maybe possibly with respect to a very small subset of Mexican society which maybe TRUMP thinks is ALL THERE IS LOL! Get the JACK BOOT THUGS out of the OVAL office today AND keep our country actually safe FROM terror!!! NO ISLAMIC JIHAD IN A PEACEFUL U.S. THAT TAKES CARE OF ITS OWN! We need a SAFE leadership and a GOOD leadership that will do what IS right for AMERICANS not just the few pulling THE STRINGS! HILLARY is not a perfect woman and perhaps not even a good woman at least not so good at handling emails and the classification and delineation and distribution THEREOF according to ESTABLISHED legal regulations and security protocols the actually importance f which REMAINS to be seen or at least proven in the media but she IS GOING TO BE A MOSTLY OK PRESIDENT!
sombrio
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:29 pm

thewalrus wrote:[
thewalrus wrote:Arguing with Les is like trying to reason with the radio when Rush Limbaugh is on.



Veils are being lifted!!! haha you melodramatic asshat. I'm not going to debate you because you're hate filled and shrill. You can't write. You can't think. You can't even convey what little rational basis you're arguments have have in a way that makes grammatical and syntactic sense.

Reading your posts is like listening to gravel being dumped.

And for the record I'm a centrist. My "schooling" was centrist. My beliefs are centrist. And I have had many great debates with people on the right and the left of the political spectrum. Sometimes they even change my mind. But the key difference between them and you - is that they have something resembling an intellect. They think about the issues. They have a rational philosophy on how they feel the world ought to work. They actually believe in something positive instead of just rambling, angry, reactionary bullshit. Crucially, they don't just parrot whatever paranoid claptrap they hear on the latest talk radio station.

Let me guess, Les. You're probably a freeman on the land too, right? Your incessant, incomprehensible, ramblings certainly suggest you might be.


Fucking idiot.


I could be just as much of an ignorant and arrogant asshole as you just displayed here Wally, but I'll take a bit of a higher road and not waste your time as your abusive drivel wasted mine. I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today as you are not typically such an asshole and have generally over the years here been more able to convey some intelligent thought of point counter point.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:41 pm

sombrio wrote:Great post, Wally.

Les, to be honest, I don't want to directly engage with you either, for most of the same reasons Wally listed. You're dogmatic, closed-minded, and insistent that you "have the right of it" regarding every issue ever, while preaching what amounts to hate speech (like, seriously--I'm pretty sure that if you shot someone, your text would be at least an aggravating factor in sentencing), on a car forum. Your rants are genuinely entertaining but I do not find them worth engaging with.

However, just using that last post as a jumping-off point... This idea that liberalism is the product of youthful inexperience is absolutely odious in today's society. I was one of the more conservative people I knew of in college. The more I have to interact with "the real world," the more liberal I get. I really don't get it. How can anyone be exposed to the workplace, the true nature of business leadership, the people running our government, etc., etc., and not lean at least a little left/socialist? I don't know if the trope is outdated or just plain stupid. But your attack on my and Wally's "left-wing indoctrination" is misguided, offensive, and stupid. I was extremely conservative in high school and college. I posted about it here. You should remember that.

The rest of it... well. Uhhh NO!!! RIGHT WING NAZIs are the ones TRUELY DESTROYING!! AMERICA!!! WAKE UP! If you do not want BROWN SHIRTED JACK BOOT THUGS running over you and your CHILD'S FUTURE (STUDENT DEBT!! NO HELP FROM NO LOAN GOP LOL!) then VOTE HILLARY 2016! Bernie was great but there is NO FUTURE in his BRAND of SOCIALISM! ALT RIGHT NAZIs want to DESTROY the country and are, ironically which I say is ironic because this is what most of them preach incessantly from time to time and with much repetition and fervor... MAKING US WEAKER TO TERRORISM!!! There is no jihad against A PEACEFUL SOCIALIST LEFT WING U.S.!!!! ONLY THE RIGHT!!!! Look up what ISIS wants in its fooreing policy such that it might even be said to have a "policy" agenda LOL!! WAR, RELIGIOUS WAR WITH AMERICA! Of COURSE TRUMP is playing right into their hands! DRUMPF and his legion of LIMP, HAND-WRINGING FEAR MONGERS are not going to KEEP us SAFE! More weapons and more tanks is not the ANSWER! Banning MEXICANS and SCARY BROWN PEOPLE is nt the ANSWER, except maybe possibly with respect to a very small subset of Mexican society which maybe TRUMP thinks is ALL THERE IS LOL! Get the JACK BOOT THUGS out of the OVAL office today AND keep our country actually safe FROM terror!!! NO ISLAMIC JIHAD IN A PEACEFUL U.S. THAT TAKES CARE OF ITS OWN! We need a SAFE leadership and a GOOD leadership that will do what IS right for AMERICANS not just the few pulling THE STRINGS! HILLARY is not a perfect woman and perhaps not even a good woman at least not so good at handling emails and the classification and delineation and distribution THEREOF according to ESTABLISHED legal regulations and security protocols the actually importance f which REMAINS to be seen or at least proven in the media but she IS GOING TO BE A MOSTLY OK PRESIDENT!


LOL, lots of nonsensical points you just made. No, socialists, arrogant small "L" liberals, Social Justice Warriors, 3rd Wave Feminists and Black Lives Matter folks all out of blind ignorance and arrogance with their freedom robbing double standards and general love for socialism is what is wreaking havoc in the western world today.

We do not need more of this shit from them and their ideals but we need more of a balance in life and society with a desire to preserve as much freedom as we can. Plus also to always keep and protect rights. We do need much less of the incessant whining from the left and its "I'M A VICTIM OF __________ " movement.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby thewalrus » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:01 am

Les / Vipers Rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:[
thewalrus wrote:Arguing with Les is like trying to reason with the radio when Rush Limbaugh is on.



Veils are being lifted!!! haha you melodramatic asshat. I'm not going to debate you because you're hate filled and shrill. You can't write. You can't think. You can't even convey what little rational basis you're arguments have have in a way that makes grammatical and syntactic sense.

Reading your posts is like listening to gravel being dumped.

And for the record I'm a centrist. My "schooling" was centrist. My beliefs are centrist. And I have had many great debates with people on the right and the left of the political spectrum. Sometimes they even change my mind. But the key difference between them and you - is that they have something resembling an intellect. They think about the issues. They have a rational philosophy on how they feel the world ought to work. They actually believe in something positive instead of just rambling, angry, reactionary bullshit. Crucially, they don't just parrot whatever paranoid claptrap they hear on the latest talk radio station.

Let me guess, Les. You're probably a freeman on the land too, right? Your incessant, incomprehensible, ramblings certainly suggest you might be.


Fucking idiot.


I could be just as much of an ignorant and arrogant asshole as you just displayed here Wally, but I'll take a bit of a higher road and not waste your time as your abusive drivel wasted mine. I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed today as you are not typically such an asshole and have generally over the years here been more able to convey some intelligent thought of point counter point.



Nah. I'm always an asshole to hate filled pricks. And that's what you've turned into, apparently. I'll grant you this - you never used to be this way. So somethings clearly snapped in your mind that's made you this paranoid and bigoted.
User avatar
thewalrus
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby the_edge » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:08 am

thewalrus wrote:Nah. I'm always an asshole to hate filled pricks. And that's what you've turned into, apparently. I'll grant you this - you never used to be this way. So somethings clearly snapped in your mind that's made you this paranoid and bigoted.



Ok, I have to be clear here. I do NOT mean to insult les. I do not want to try to be funny, dismissive or offend him. The words I am about to use are meant on their literal sense, I do not mean to use them on their funny/offensive connotation:

Maybe Les has a mental problem? This thought crossed my mind when I was replying to the gun thread, before reading this topic or typing this reply. Why? He keeps repeating, over and over and over, the same phrase, ALL THE TIME:

"Idiot liberals, socialists and 3rd wave feminists"

We could have a topic about say, farting or cheesecake or even sex and Les would show up sooner or later and write a 4 paragraph rant about "Idiot liberals, socialists and 3rd wave feminists". He is slowly descending into a downward spiral of madness, tinfoil hat style.

If he made a topic tomorrow saying that the AF banner and font in this site are blue because everyone here is an idiot liberal, otherwise it would be red, I would not be surprised or amazed. We have all known Les for years now. He was always a good guy. Maybe he was about annoying and holier than thou, but his heart was in his right place. Heck, he still has that dog from family guy as his avatar, because he was so much like him - he thought he was an intellectual and he was a bit on the left-side viewpoint of most things. Nowadays his avatar should probably be the squidbillies.

He has undergone such a radical change, in such a short period of time. Like wally said, he has become very paranoid and bigoted, and this might be a sign of mental disease.
the_edge
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:20 am

Disregarding the obnoxious personal attacks I will say this. At times in a person's life they may learn to see things differently than what they were told and /or first believed.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby the_edge » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Les / Vipers Rule wrote:Disregarding the obnoxious personal attacks I will say this. At times in a person's life they may learn to see things differently than what they were told and /or first believed.


Do you think the AF banner is blue for a specific reason?
Do you think bottled water is causing men to get feminized because the plastic releases estrogen into the water?
Do you think that soy sauce and soy milk were introduced by the "bad guys" to our diets to create girlier men? (something something hormones)
Chemtrails? Lizard world leaders? Illuminati?

Tell us what you learned.
the_edge
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Les / Vipers Rule wrote:Disregarding the obnoxious personal attacks I will say this. At times in a person's life they may learn to see things differently than what they were told and /or first believed.



Yes - you see that all the time. And sometimes its accompanied by that person 'realizing the truth', constructing himself a wonderful tin-foil hat, and moving to a bunker where the black helicopter people can't find him.
User avatar
thewalrus
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:58 pm

thewalrus wrote:
Les / Vipers Rule wrote:Disregarding the obnoxious personal attacks I will say this. At times in a person's life they may learn to see things differently than what they were told and /or first believed.



Yes - you see that all the time. And sometimes its accompanied by that person 'realizing the truth', constructing himself a wonderful tin-foil hat, and moving to a bunker where the black helicopter people can't find him.



So you'd rather more just stick to the things you were told and learned without ever reflecting on and questioning later as life moves by you? Could you by such be limiting your own growth in life and thoughts? You above noted in a back handed way to criticize another person's change in views as being sometimes tin foil hatted. But maybe it's only that way in your mind as these said views contradict yours. Maybe you have the tin foil hat on or more so by possibly refusing as life and times pass by, to see said changes. As such you may then choose to keep your head in the proverbial sand rather than to deal with these things that may contradict your previous and maybe long held views and ideals.

Wally, you try to come off as being superior intellectually and even morally or ethically to those who may not hold the same views as you. But in such you can come off as just being pious. Your ego gets the better of you at times from what I see all the years at this forum and its previous incarnations. You are entitled to hold any view you want and even argue for it but maybe try to be a more decent person here in arguing your views.

Wally, to any person who seeks growth from life, times and just learning, they should see and adjust or change points of view and ideals they may have and still hold. One's own general character will not really change in life, but one's viewpoints and ideals can and often they should.

I've seen even big changes in some of my views in life. Some that have blown me away based on life and time's effects on me. All reflecting on what I may see and learn. Holding to by near religious covenant all one's convictions and beliefs that were often brainwashed into them especially when young via parents, siblings, the school system, media and peers may not always be the best thing in one's own life.

For instance a view long held by me. Guns and in the case of what seems to always be in the US news cycle, US gun rights and ownership. Being a Canadian who has never owned a firearm short of a pellet gun I felt for most of my adult life that the US gun rights were crazily adhered too. I was much like those liberals and today other SJW types. I ate the pablum very well too. But in recent years, by reading up on, listening too and watching views from the other side. I saw that I was mostly brainwashed by my own life and liberal even Canadian culture to be more anti-gun. But I have switched to what is more truthful and can be backed up by statistics in seeing the right to bear arms. The USA has by rights the 2nd Amendment, one may or may not like it. But if you believe in this case the rights of Americans you must defend all rights, not just those you may like.

If one adds the fact that gun stats do not show in comparison to all of its peer nations, Americans just slaughtering each other with guns. 3.8 gun homicides per 100,000 persons in the USA. Yes, it's higher than most of its western peers but only mid pack among all nations. Given the fact the USA has more legal guns than all other nations, that homicide stat is actually pretty low. The most violent gun culture in the world today is Honduras, 51 gun homicides per 100,000 persons. Add the fact in the USA most gun murders are by illegal guns too.

Small "L" liberals are all wrong in this regard. They sickeningly use tragedy to fight the 2nd Amendment. I was for much of my life like that, but later I saw I was guilty of being so. So am I now wearing the tin foil hat?
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby sombrio » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Les, if it's so important to you to be able to grow and adopt new values, why don't you try some new news sources. The impression I think most of us get on the forum here is not one of an enlightened man who is considering new ideas (to say the least). You've obviously been drinking the right-wing Kool-Aid. You get your news from Fox, or its equivalent, and it shows. "Brown people are scary" is not the kind of new idea one should be opening one's mind to later in life. There's not much evidence supporting any of what you're saying, so how are you keeping an open mind? An open mind would be modifying your personal views and beliefs to fit the evidence. Not the other way around.

Oh Lord am I tired of right-wing bigots framing their ideas as "just keeping an open mind." It's just like Trump, too. It's the way he couches his racism in "sensible" sounding language. "We have to start thinking about racial profiling in this country! It's not the worst thing to do!" And then everyone comes along and says "HE'S JUST SAYIN' WHAT WE'RE ALL THINKIN'!"

Oh for fuck's sake did you not study the Holocaust this is how democracy dies.
sombrio
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby the_edge » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:35 am

Les / Vipers Rule wrote:
thewalrus wrote:
Les / Vipers Rule wrote:Disregarding the obnoxious personal attacks I will say this. At times in a person's life they may learn to see things differently than what they were told and /or first believed.



Yes - you see that all the time. And sometimes its accompanied by that person 'realizing the truth', constructing himself a wonderful tin-foil hat, and moving to a bunker where the black helicopter people can't find him.



So you'd rather more just stick to the things you were told and learned without ever reflecting on and questioning later as life moves by you? Could you by such be limiting your own growth in life and thoughts? You above noted in a back handed way to criticize another person's change in views as being sometimes tin foil hatted. But maybe it's only that way in your mind as these said views contradict yours. Maybe you have the tin foil hat on or more so by possibly refusing as life and times pass by, to see said changes. As such you may then choose to keep your head in the proverbial sand rather than to deal with these things that may contradict your previous and maybe long held views and ideals.

Wally, you try to come off as being superior intellectually and even morally or ethically to those who may not hold the same views as you. But in such you can come off as just being pious. Your ego gets the better of you at times from what I see all the years at this forum and its previous incarnations. You are entitled to hold any view you want and even argue for it but maybe try to be a more decent person here in arguing your views.

Wally, to any person who seeks growth from life, times and just learning, they should see and adjust or change points of view and ideals they may have and still hold. One's own general character will not really change in life, but one's viewpoints and ideals can and often they should.

I've seen even big changes in some of my views in life. Some that have blown me away based on life and time's effects on me. All reflecting on what I may see and learn. Holding to by near religious covenant all one's convictions and beliefs that were often brainwashed into them especially when young via parents, siblings, the school system, media and peers may not always be the best thing in one's own life.

For instance a view long held by me. Guns and in the case of what seems to always be in the US news cycle, US gun rights and ownership. Being a Canadian who has never owned a firearm short of a pellet gun I felt for most of my adult life that the US gun rights were crazily adhered too. I was much like those liberals and today other SJW types. I ate the pablum very well too. But in recent years, by reading up on, listening too and watching views from the other side. I saw that I was mostly brainwashed by my own life and liberal even Canadian culture to be more anti-gun. But I have switched to what is more truthful and can be backed up by statistics in seeing the right to bear arms. The USA has by rights the 2nd Amendment, one may or may not like it. But if you believe in this case the rights of Americans you must defend all rights, not just those you may like.

If one adds the fact that gun stats do not show in comparison to all of its peer nations, Americans just slaughtering each other with guns. 3.8 gun homicides per 100,000 persons in the USA. Yes, it's higher than most of its western peers but only mid pack among all nations. Given the fact the USA has more legal guns than all other nations, that homicide stat is actually pretty low. The most violent gun culture in the world today is Honduras, 51 gun homicides per 100,000 persons. Add the fact in the USA most gun murders are by illegal guns too.

Small "L" liberals are all wrong in this regard. They sickeningly use tragedy to fight the 2nd Amendment. I was for much of my life like that, but later I saw I was guilty of being so. So am I now wearing the tin foil hat?


Yes. You keep rambling about "the liberals", "SJW types" and answering weird almost random rants to one sentence questions. Your tinfoil hat is a bit looser today, but it's still there.
the_edge
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:52 am

Image
:lol:
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
User avatar
Les / Vipers Rule
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby sombrio » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Superficial memes, the last refuge of the man who knows he's got a losing argument. If you can't convince them, mock them with superficially-clever macro images--and then (for good measure) berate their side for being condescending.

We had hope once, a decade that seems like a lifetime ago. The world has moved on. Alas.

Hey, I know what'll cheer me up. Let's argue about whether public high school science classes should teach science or religion.
sombrio
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby the_edge » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:35 pm

sombrio wrote:Superficial memes, the last refuge of the man who knows he's got a losing argument. If you can't convince them, mock them with superficially-clever macro images--and then (for good measure) berate their side for being condescending.

We had hope once, a decade that seems like a lifetime ago. The world has moved on. Alas.

Hey, I know what'll cheer me up. Let's argue about whether public high school science classes should teach science or religion.


HURRR DUURRR if we came from monkeys why do we still have monkeys? huh? HUH? Checkmate evolutionists. :lol:
the_edge
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:09 am

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby Turbojett » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:23 am

And shit like this is why I'm quickly turning apolitical.

Here's the long and short of it: we are fucked in January, no matter who gets elected. None of these people are great, or even good.

The rants, narratives, and soapbox grandstanding is getting fucking old. Here and everywhere else. These people are all wrong. I just want this shit to be over.
Stoplights are communist!
Keep on Trollin'
Image
User avatar
Turbojett
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Re: Why Donald J. Trump will be the next President of the US

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Turbojett wrote:And shit like this is why I'm quickly turning apolitical.

Here's the long and short of it: we are fucked in January, no matter who gets elected. None of these people are great, or even good.

The rants, narratives, and soapbox grandstanding is getting fucking old. Here and everywhere else. These people are all wrong. I just want this shit to be over.


But one is passable - and survivable. The other...
User avatar
thewalrus
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Banter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron