[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Australian Grand Prix

Australian Grand Prix

General Topics

Australian Grand Prix

Postby sombrio » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:27 am

Anyone watching? It's on at 9:30 Pacific on NBC Sports (US). Hoping for some good racing. I heard qualifying sucked but didn't see it myself. #NeverTrump :mrgreen:
sombrio

Re: Australian Grand Prix

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:26 am

Yes, the qualifying was the shittiest qualifying in 30+ years. The race was good though. Alonso's crash, amazed me in how he got out and walked away from it. Simply Amazing!

I will add this, the Ferrari for 2016 is by a country mile the best paint finished car on the grid. The Renault is not bad either. But IMO for many years McLaren had the best paint finished car but until they ditch the black and dayglo colour they will be mid packed in terms of paint finish.

Lets hope for a competitive year though.

D.T.2016 :mrgreen:
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Talon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:51 pm

Quali was ridiculously dumb! Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Anyway, they’re going back to the 2015 rules for Bahrain.

It was an interesting race. Things sure seem to work out for Mercedes, don’t they? Hamilton was stuck in traffic and couldn’t get by Verstapen (I did love hearing Hamilton cry when he couldn’t get by the 18 year old) but was able to get by him and Vettel thanks to bad pitstops by both teams. Seb should have had 2nd easy, and possibly 1st had Ferrari not screwed the pooch on their tire strategy.

And once again, poor Kimi can’t buy a break! I think had things gone the way they ‘should have’ it would’ve been Seb, Ros, Rai, Ric, Ham. But, of course, the stars align for Merc and they already have a stranglehold on the constructers. Here we go again…

Grosjean gives Haas 8 points! Fantastic for an opening race!!! So stoked that they are doing well! Possibly could’ve had both cars in the points if it weren’t for the stupid qualifying rules as both Haas cars got caught out and eliminated before they could finished their hot laps.

Glad Alonso is okay. Can’t believe he walked away from that accident! Holy hell.

Kind of pulling for Renault. Really like their livery. Reminds me of the old Jordan cars which were my favorite back in the day.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Reading the highlights - sounds like a pretty good race. Maybe something I could even start watching again. Digging that Haas is American, and, doing well at the start. Should be painting their cars dark green though. Kind of crazy how much things have changed. Only recognize about a third of the guys racing, now. And most of them are veterans.
thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Talon » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:04 pm

You see, I think the Haas cars should be red, white, and blue... look more like the Manor livery... but more unique. I like the paint of the Haas cars, but am a little disappointed.

Anyway, did you see Alonso's wreck, Wally?

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-we ... ralia.html
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:25 pm

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:36 pm

Does F1 still suck? I stopped watching about a decade ago.
ryguy79

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby thewalrus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:26 pm

thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:03 pm

It all matters in how you choose to look at it Wally.

On track racing can be exciting in F1, especially given the track of the weekend the circus is at and the weather conditions. Yes, the big boys dominate the top of the story board, but even at that Hamilton vs Rossberg last year was interesting. Battling in the midfield was good last year too.

The spectacle of F1 is as always great. The politics and the side show Bob style gimmicks for me are tiring. But even at that it's still arguably the most interesting of the motorsports.

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby ryguy79 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:11 pm

ryguy79

Postby tut » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Torro rosso promises to deliver a great show this year.. I was very impressed, not only by their driving, but also by the actual coverage of their battles on tv..
tut

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:01 pm

I still find it entertaining. There are definitely the ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’ in the sport. However, I find racing where all the cars are the same (NASCAR, Indy) more boring.
Talon

Return to General Banter