[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Sometimes yappy Chihuahuas think they are German Shepards

Sometimes yappy Chihuahuas think they are German Shepards

General Topics

Re: Sometimes yappy Chihuahuas think they are German Shepard

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 am

"I can't believe Trump's made it this far, but he'll be done soon." I've been thinking that for the past eight months. Shit is starting to get real...
Talon

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:07 am

I no longer can be bothered to get into long pages of arguments and diatribes. Maybe 5-7-10 years ago I would. I made my first points clear. I know that I am not alone with such views as we will see in November when Trump wins the Presidential election.

I was too young to see and understand Reagan winning in 1980 with not only support from Republican grass roots voters, but independents and many disaffected Democrats. The well established and respected President Carter even with things like peace between Egypt and Israel, he could not overcome a bad economy, animosity and outright anger among the populous especially the Iran hostage situation. Reagan was the outsider to shake things up even if once in office he was far from great President IMO. He represented the VOICE of America in 1980 again in1984.

So I will re-post here my further thoughts I placed elsewhere to sum things up as of March 2016.

--------

The RNC elites and now dragging out washed up Romney tomorrow to try to KISS FACE with Rubio and Cruz while throwing MORE mud at the guy the GRASS ROOTS WANT! Will boomerang and only push more supporters to Trump. These elites have been breathing the rarefied air in their ivory towers TOO LONG!

Americans are not stupid. Most of the time when things are going well enough or look as such, many Americans can be meh, and lazy about politics. But when things are not going well for many in the grass roots of America, economically, socially, foreign policy wise etc, many typical Joe and Mary Six Packs WAKE UP and push back on the elites to say "WE ARE NOT STUPID!: " We want a new voice." Trump is that voice but the RNC/elites JUST DON'T GET IT!

36 years ago Reagan was a similar voice and person for grass roots to push back on the elites with. He rallied support from the Republican base, but too from independents and yes many Democrats. Trump will and is appealing to these groups too. Not every Democrat is some pie in the sky idealist, save the world, social justice warrior, type. Many an honest Joe and/or Mary Six pack who have bills to pay, mouths to feed, a hopeful life to build in the prototypical American middle class are not ideologues but are looking for a populist with a voice and a presence of not being political hack and panderer. Trump in 2016 IS THAT VOICE AND LEADER!

Look even the Democrats have an outsider in Sanders fighting the biggest insider on the campaign trail today in Clinton.

2016 is NOT about insiders real or perceived, but is about outsiders, new thinkers, appealing to grass roots persons. The elites and media just don't get it! They have been on the take and inside for too long.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby thewalrus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:00 am

thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:04 am

Oh, and the longer this nomination process goes, and the more contentious it goes, the better it is. Dirt will be dug up about Trump. He'll alienate more, needed, centrist voters in an effort to get Cruz's demographic. And the more conflict ridden the national convention will be - possibly even being contested, and resulting in Trump going third party (which is an ideal result).
thewalrus

Postby Turbojett » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:47 am

I never thought I'd see the day when Les did a complete heel face turn.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:57 pm

The RNC is in turmoil right now. They can’t win, from their perspective.

1) They don’t like Trump
2) They want to win, and Trump is winning by a large margin.
3) If they don’t nominate him, he’ll run as an independent and take so many votes away form who the GOP does nominate it’ll virtually hand the presidency to the Dems.

I don’t think dirt will be dug up on Trump any more than it has, or should’ve been. That should be extremely easy to do! He’s been a public figure for decades, been divorced three (?) times, and a multitude of other things the public seems to care about. Even if something is brought up, he just plays the schoolyard bully technique (which he does really really well) and brush it under the rug. Just ask Jeb how well that worked.

I like to think I am a reasonably intelligent person. That means that at least 50% of the population is dumber than me. Thing is, there vote counts just the same (for all intents and purposes, electoral votes aside). I don’t consider myself a Dem or a Repub, but there are a number of key issues that I believe (pro gay marriage, pro-choice, separation of church and state, pro 2nd amendment, pro-business, pro-environment, etc) in and I pick the candidate that suites them the best and go that route. Unfortunately, in all of the elections I’ve been old enough to vote for, this one is the most left candidate vs the most right candidate and I don’t like any of them. There is more that I can get into, but don’t want to honestly…

I do hope, though, the rest of the world (Penz?) does realize that just because Candidate A beats Candidate B doesn’t mean everyone in the country is happy about it. See the George W era. I work with a lot of Canadians. The program I am on at work, I am one of three in the states working on it; the rest are Canadians. They’re always asking me questions about this or that and they’re amazed how drawn out this whole process is, and specifically the current candidates/situation. I have to agree with them and tell them I think it’s insanity, too. They look at me for answers and all I can do is shrug my shoulders and agree that the process, and the current candidates suck.

The only ones with the power to change it are the ones that benefit from it. As usual, the middle class gets shit on and no one in power seems to care. It’s the same song and dance every four fucking years, and the same nothingness for the next four years. I think the fact that Trump and Sanders are even still in this race shows that the majority of the population is sick of this shit and this is the best/only way to show it, right or wrong. It is what it is.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:46 pm

I have to admit, I actually quite like the democratic process in the US. If it's run like the Democratic Primaries have been it can be a very useful way of exchanging substantive political / policies ideas and having informed debate about important issues - before the actual election arrives. Which is actually really cool.

If it's like the RNC primaries, though, which have been reduced to nothing more than insults and anger and rhetoric - where the leading candidate hasn't even discussed his overall ideology or policies direction - it's not only ridiculous, it's horribly embarrassing too.

I just can't see Trump winning. His only strong demographic (according to 538) seems to be uneducated, conservative, white men. You don't win a general election if that's your key support - at least not anymore. But you may win the RNC primaries with that - which really says far more about how the RNC needs, desperately, to reinvent itself.
thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Anyway, it does suck, because I already know who I'm voting for in the general election. I'm not a huge fan of Clinton - I don't entirely trust her. But for me, it's simply a matter of whether I want to see Obama's policies continued. And I do.
thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:58 am

Here is what Romney and the insiders of the Republican Party and their spokesholes in mainstream media have done today:

1: Romney comes out of his back room after being invisible for 4 years and claims that those who support Trump or may think about so ARE JUST NOT GETTING IT! Are not smart enough to see how Trump is not the right man again according to Romney and the insiders. As such they need Romney to set them straight. UGH TYPICAL ELITIST ASS HOLE!

2: Romney's words are said to have been against Trump today because the OTHER candidates running have not been able to do so. WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT MEN LIKE RUBIO AND CRUZ THEN!?! If they cant rise to handle and outline Trump how may they deal with Putin of Russia, China, ISIS and IMO the looming very stormy days coming in Europe?

3: Media spokes persons acting favourably to what Romney says only that sometimes ONE has to just speak their mind about how "THEY" feel that Trump will be bad and even dangerous for America. But this means that they have no faith in the US Governmental system of CHECKS AND BALANCES. They are so elitist that they can't even see that their system is maybe the best one in the world about CHECKS AND BALANCES! Yes, I and most know in reality that the deck is stacked against the system working better or best. But the system IS STILL THERE! America has often risen above lousy politics, stinky back room boys and bad Presidents with its checks and balances.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:28 am

FUCK! The Bitch Clinton during her speech tonight. STEALING MORE IDEAS AND TALKING POINTS FROM OTHERS!

She now steals essentially from Trump about bringing back jobs to America. BTW if it is so from her why has not Obama done this?
She steals from Sanders on affordable/free Collage education.
She says she will improve wages and benefits for better living of Americans BUT G'DAMMIT A DEMOCRAT IS IN THE W.H. Why the HELL has not this been done?

FUCK HER, FUCK HER LYING STEALING ASS! SHES THE CON ARTIST in 2016!

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Talon » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Every year it’s about jobs and helping the middle class, and every year it’s bullshit. Wash, rinse, repeat. This is part of the reason I think Trump and Sanders are still in this thing… is the American people are sick of the same old shit; sick of the lying; sick of the broken promises; sick of people who are worth eight figures telling those who live paycheck-to-paycheck how things work. And I can’t say I disagree. Like Bristol Palin preaching religion and abstinence to high school kids when she has two kids from two different fathers and is not married.

I can go up there and talk to; talk is cheap. Doesn’t mean shit if you don’t back it up.

I’m tired of it all.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:35 pm

thewalrus

Postby thewalrus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:43 pm

And here's the thing. I get why Bernie Sanders is appealing as a protest candidate. The guy has been counter-establishment since he was young, and doesn't seem to have changed. At all.

But Trump? Give me a break. The dude has always lived the life of a Millionaire. Or Billionaire. The guy flips around the political spectrum according to what best serves his own purposes. He is, by his own self-characterization, a power broker and a member of the elite. Why would anyone view him as anything but a self-interested politician.
thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Talon » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:55 pm

[For some reason the Quote button doesn't show up when I am at work, so bear with me.]

"the problem, of course, is that you can't really look to the Presidency to fix that. I mean, hell, the US public elected Obama to the highest office - twice. And he was probably one of the most common, down to earth, 'regular guys' whose held the office. I believe he was still paying off his student loans as a Senator. he also knew real poverty as a child. And nothing changed. If they elect Sanders, things still won't change. In fact they might get worse because I can't see him being as willing to negotiate with Congress as Obama.

Congress and the Senate need to change. Both substantively and in procedure. A 2 year term for Congress is ridiculous. It means campaigning never stops and real work never begins. I'd even support term limits in both houses. Right now nothing happens. Ideology rules the day. Congress is obstructionist at best - and simply unwilling to govern at worst. That's also why their approval rating is... what in the single digits? Low tens? This business about the Supreme Court justice is farcical."

Yes, I agree with this. As I reread my statement you quoted, I should've mentioned that part of the issue with getting things done is the two sides just can't see eye-to-eye on most anything. On one hand it's good to have a checks-and-balances type of system, but each side has to be rational! Do I think the country is better of than it was eight years ago? Yes! I don't agree with everything Obama has done but for all intents and purposes I think he's a good president and I'd vote for him again if he could run against the bunch of clowns currently front-running.

I mean this whole supreme court justice thing is just proof of that. He'd never admit it, but I bet Obama can't wait until January when he can drop the mic, walk off, and leave all this shit behind him.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:47 pm

thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 am

Wally.

I asked you what about Clinton's policies has you want to vote for her?

Are you just fine with the status quo?

Voting for the biggest establishment insider running for POTUS today, suggests that the status quo is fine with you.

BUT!

Look at the situation.

Trump who represents the biggest part of NOT being an establishment candidate and definitely not for the status quo, followed by a lesser extent, Sanders who is also a non-establishment candidate both having strong support tells me that many voters do not want status quo.

Vote for HiIlary if she does get the DNC nomination and is not indicted before Nov. 2016. But expect much the same crap if not worse as she would likely make Obama's record look good and he certainly failed to live up to all he was about going back to 2008. If the idiot Republican party did not put up two shitty choices, McCain 2008 and Romney 2012, Obama may have been nothing but proverbial candle light flicker in the annals of history.

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:52 am

Posted for your enjoyment. Satirical song clips created by producers for the best podcast in the Universe, THE NO AGENDA SHOW!

:lol:

Les / Vipers Rule

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 am

The Republican debate was very civil and proper tonight, no big body blows and IMO no ground gained nor lost by the top 4.

BUT! I think Trump is well on his way to winning the nomination. He speaks in pragmatic and almost business man like ways and not like the others who speak as politicians. Trump talks as if he is conducting business ventures and this is a part of what endears supporters to him.

When he talk about NEGOTIATING! all these issues I think he looks at it as a business venture. Negotiating as a part of the deal. But he believes he will negotiate from a position of strength, be it illegal immigration and "the wall" (BTW the others talk about a wall too including Hillary now), trade with China and Mexico, or dealing with terrorists, or fixing health care. It's all about negotiating and that is not a bad thing, if you have strength and keep principles.

So I was thinking a bit outside the primaries and I now see how a Trump/Rubio ticket may work. I think their personal barbs will pass. Both will not hold such against each, it's just political crap. But Trump sees himself as a President with a vision "TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" and using his position as POTUS to shape domestic and foreign policies. But he is not a real politician and probably hates the fight of the Washington political games. This is were Rubio can work as his V.P. Rubio knows the system, he is bright and feisty and is liked by the Republican establishment. Trump could very likely give his V.P. lots of political power to try to move Washington and Congress more to his ways. I can see Rubio doing this stuff well in a Trump/Rubio term(s) .

Plus as years pass and if Trump wants to run for a 2nd term or not he will be able to groom Rubio to being more than just a Washington politician. Rubio could be set up to succeed Trump.

The debate on Thursday kind of let me move down this thought path. I can see a Trump/Rubio ticket and as such I can see them kick the crap out of Hillary and ??? in Nov. 2016.

Les / Vipers Rule

PreviousNext

Return to General Banter