[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

General Topics

Re: Master of Puppets is the best song ever written

Postby Talon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:53 pm

No, you are wrong. See OP. MoP is the best. To say it’s “good” is like saying the F-22 is “good,” Ferraris are “good,” boobs are “good.” I think I hold MoP to a higher standard because it was the first ‘real’ Metallica song I ever heard. Most of the stuff they played on the shit radio stations at the time were from Load with the occasional Black album. Dude I knew in school told me to check out RTL, so I went to the store to buy the CD (old skool style) but ended up buying Puppets instead. Played the Puppets song first since it was the same name as the CD and it was like immediate epiphany. It was all over from there… I decided that minute I needed to know how to do that. That’s when I started to play the guitar. After all these years, still the best song evAr.

I do agree that Metallica has so many kick ass songs, it’s pretty ridiculous. Some of my favorites:

Four Horsemen
Motorbreath
S&D
No Remorse (very underrated tallica song, IMO)
RTL
Bellz
Fade to Black
Creeping Death
Battery
Sanitarium
Disposable
Leper Messiah
Blackened
And Justice
One
Harvester
Frayed
Sandman
Sad But True
Unforgiven
Roam
Nothing Else Matters
Got that Failed

So many good songs. Even the ones that are b-sides are super good, they’re just overshadowed by the others.

I never really got into Iron Maiden or Priest. I can respect them for what they are, but they were just before my time… similar to Sabbath. I will say I think Maiden’s best song is the Trooper.
Talon

Postby Talon » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:33 am

This thread needs moAr ESP Explorer
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 15221 times
Talon

Postby Turbojett » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:24 pm

okay, "good" is a gross understatement. but the rest of what I said still stands for me.
MoP is also one of two vinyl records I own... but the other one is Fly Like an Eagle, and it's almost ready to fly like an eagle to the great record player in the sky.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Honor » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Honor

Postby Turbojett » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:55 pm

Bump...
I just read all this again. Totally off topic, but Wally will like this--I since bumped my record collection up to three:

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby tut » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:40 pm

AAARGGHH that left dude confidently has his foot on both white and black?!!!
tut

Postby thewalrus » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:21 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:37 am

lulz
Talon

Previous

Return to General Banter