EU nonsense that may affect motorsports including F1

General Topics

EU nonsense that may affect motorsports including F1

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Thu May 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Yes, some members of the EU are wanting to ban alcohol advertizing and thus sponsorship of motorsports. For God Sake, alcohol is legal as a legal product their manufacturers should be allowed to advertise including in motorsports. Just because one advertises booze at motorsports does not mean they advocate drinking and driving. Last I checked nobody in the distillery industry HOLDS GUNS TO DRINKERS HEADS TO GET THEM TO DRIVE DRUNK!!!

It is the same with tobacco, as long as it's legal and fairly regulated they should never have been banned from advertizing.

" Oh but will somebody please think of the children" EFF THAT B.S. Each parent can think of their own kids. Idiot youth who take up smoking were not forced into it by the tobacco makers.

Where does this nonsense stop? The pathway to Hell is paved with good intentions. YEP THAT'S FOR SURE!

Ban all advertising and sponsorships then as I'm sure somebody, somewhere can feel offended by whatever is advertised.

We should maybe all adopt the former USSR style living, where there was no need to advertise. One just stood in line to get a ticket to then stand in another line to turn in said ticket to get said product.

Look, I don't advocate smoking, I think it's stupid, but nobody was knowingly forced into taking it up. Tobacco advertising is NOT PUTTING SMOKES IN ONE'S MOUTH!

I don't advocate drinking and driving but I see no issue with booze being advertised at races and on race cars. If you are stupid enough to drink and drive you may deserve the penalty of the law.

Advertising in motorsports is drying up in cash value all over the place, by banning legal products from advertising or sponsoring only hurts the motorsports.

Look it's not that hard in life. In general and on a daily basis TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR ACTIONS. AS PARENTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR MINOR CHILDREN! Sure there is a place for general societal rules, guidelines and services, but society is not suppose to be there for you and yours, thinking for you and yours all of the time.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Re: EU nonsense that may affect motorsports including F1

Postby Pennzoil GT-R » Fri May 29, 2015 10:37 am

Banning alcohol advertising is daft in my opinion but i see why they want to do it. Drinking and alcoholism is a big problem in Europe, far more so than in North America, and it starts from a far younger age.

Smoking on the other hand I'm all for banning entirely from public places. I don't want to breathe in your shitty second hand smoke.
Pennzoil GT-R

Re: EU nonsense that may affect motorsports including F1

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Sat May 30, 2015 12:02 am

Alcoholism existed long before motorsports and advertising/sponsorship in said sports. By banning alcohol advertising and sponsorship of motorsports will not likely see a reduction of alcoholism. Just as banning tobacco advertising did not see a greater reduction in smoking. Smoking was on the decline in much of the developed world long before advertising and sponsorship of such in especially motorsports became banned

As to smoking I think people are stupid to start up with it and I certainly don't care to breath it in any enclosed space. But it is legal and IMO outdoors, in select locations where it's clearly advertised as a smoking area or in one's own home or car then so be it.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Return to General Banter