Project CARS

General Topics

Project CARS

Postby JaysonAych » Wed May 13, 2015 9:57 am

After 7 hours of downloading, I finally got Project CARS downloaded to my PS4.

This was my first race. I don't know what I was thinking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x13vlBXxzCo

I'm going to be playing this a lot.
JaysonAych

Re: Project CARS

Postby ConeDodger » Thu May 14, 2015 4:59 am

Funny seeing someone's perspective of this game from the "other side" of the market. If they had marketed this game towards the GT/Forza audiance instead of the iRacing/Assetto corsa sim racing audiance...they wouldn't be having so much backlash right now. It really looks like a solid arcadey-sim racer.
That kid that used to be Dodge...
ConeDodger

Postby JaysonAych » Mon May 18, 2015 2:17 am

I like the game a lot so far. It takes a lot of work to get cars tuned the way you want them, but you feel like MacGyver when you finally get the tuning right. The career progression is just what I've been looking for in a game like this.

It has some of the most abysmal menus and UI, though. I hope they patch some of that.

And sometimes there are glitches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04iFqwlFPw
JaysonAych

Postby Talon » Tue May 19, 2015 3:48 pm

So is it a sim or arcade?
Talon

Postby Turbojett » Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 pm

What's the customization/modification like?
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby JaysonAych » Wed May 20, 2015 1:36 am

It's a GT/Forza-ish style sim, though it's much more focused on a racing career than buying cars and upgrades. All the cars are available for non-career racing from the word go and there's no economy in the career; you're just trying to make your way through driving another team's car, earning points, looking to score new rides in bigger series, catching the eyes of sponsors, getting invited to events, etc. You can tune all of the cars to varying degrees depending on how they're outfitted (for instance, a go-kart and an F1 car will have different tuning options available) and the tuning options seem to be somewhat more detailed than GT or Forza, but similar. You don't buy different parts or customize paint jobs or wheels, though you can swap different types of tires on depending on conditions. Tire physics and driving dynamics are quite good, and wear and tear is much better than expected (sim damage causes real problems, and fuel depletion is a factor in longer races; you can even choose to not take a full fuel load to save weight). Day/night cycles and weather are very slick.

As far as the customization goes, here's what all you can do: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ ... ve.327780/
JaysonAych

Postby Turbojett » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:14 am

so it's like Grid, kinda?
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Return to General Banter