[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - The Gripes Thread

The Gripes Thread

General Topics

Re: The Gripes Thread

Postby thewalrus » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:03 pm

I've already told Shaughnessy, if she loves the law as much as she seems to, I have no problem doing that. Working on a PhD and teaching a bit too. Would likely end up in Victoria or Vancouver if we went that route, since I'd want to do an MA or what not at a different university than the U of A.
thewalrus

Postby Turbojett » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:56 pm

teaching isn't a bad gig. I consider it a noble profession, even if it doesn't pay like one.
--probably the most important profession, IMO (aside from maybe parenting); without teachers you wouldn't have anything else really.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Talon » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:12 am

Without engineers you wouldn't be able to get to a school... let alone build a school.
Talon

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:58 am

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 am

My current gripe is that I want to race this http://www.captainrace.com/ https://www.facebook.com/thecaptainrace but I don't know that I've have the time to get in good enough shape to bother. Its on trails I ride all the time, but there are so many stupidly fast riders around here.
ryguy79

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Actually teaching pays pretty darn good in Alberta and Canada in general. Much better than the US.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:33 am

Talon

Postby Arthur Dent » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:29 pm

thewalrus

Postby Talon » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 am

I want three months vacation a year...
Talon

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 am

ryguy79

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 am

Seriously though, although I would prefer to not have to work, I'm in the best job I've ever had at a fantastic company. Hard to complain.
ryguy79

Postby millertime » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:13 am

millertime

Postby ryguy79 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:03 am

ryguy79

Postby JaysonAych » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:16 am

Discovered this. No note, of course. :evil:

awwman2.jpg
awwman2.jpg (334.34 KiB) Viewed 39105 times
JaysonAych

Postby 00ranger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:00 am

Fucking dicks
00ranger

Postby Talon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:15 pm

Some people deserve to be tossed into the middle of Lake Superior. Sucks, Jay.
Talon

Postby Turbojett » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 pm

fuck.
although as trite as this sounds, it might buff out. I had a Hummer fling a thick tree branch from its wheels onto the Cobalt's hood/grille a few years ago and it was about that bad. It buffed mostly out, nobody could see it unless I pointed it out.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Turbojett » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 am

So my mom had to go back into the hospital again. Apparently, her diet wasn't quite enough because the same damn thing was wrong.
She had been sick with a cough for a few days and was having trouble breathing, so they thought she'd gotten pneumonia, but when they took her to the ER, the doctor didn't hear ANY air getting into her right lung.
So then, they were thinking her lung had collapsed--I was told that this does happen spontaneously in people who are having health problems, especially if they are coughing a lot.
When they took her in for an X-ray, they saw that her right lung was completely whited-out, so then they thought that her lung was full of fluid.
Then they did an MRI and found out that the lung wasn't full of fluid, the area around the lung was and it had collapsed her lung and was currently crushing it, and they ended up draining almost 2L of fluid from around her lung. They found that the fluid had come from her liver and had passed through the diaphragm and abscessed.
She's doing much better now, she was completely stable the whole time, but now they're talking liver transplant, which means she needs to get on a waiting list. Dad's arguing with the insurance company because they don't want to cover it (quelle-fucking-surprise).
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

PreviousNext

Return to General Banter