[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - What's with digital speedos making a comeback?

What's with digital speedos making a comeback?

General Topics

Re: What's with digital speedos making a comeback?

Postby tut » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:33 pm

tut

Postby ryguy79 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:13 pm

ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:32 am

Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 pm

I had a beater LeBaron (K-car) with the digital speedo. I didn't mind it actually.

I still prefer a grouping of round analog gauges from a looks perspective.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

thewalrus

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Its a 1970 220D. I sold it a while back to my friend (who I bought it off). I think its a yellow sort of colour now. It was a great classic but I do now know I don't care for an old diesel engine. Pain in the arse to start when cold. Oh and old Mercs can rust like nothing else. I spent months cutting out rust and welding only to have other bits rust while sitting in the garage over the winter.
Arthur Dent

Postby thewalrus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:26 pm

thewalrus

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:27 pm

The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Postby ryguy79 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:07 am

I was with a college friend in his truck that had a digital dash that worked intermittently when he got a speeding ticket, because we had no clue how fast we were going. Oops.
ryguy79

Postby thewalrus » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:29 am

This thread has made me start thinking about my old CRZ again. It really was kind of a fun car to drive. But only in sport mode - where it's gas mileage was pretty bad. Still - cool little car and a small part of me regrets letting it go.

thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:17 am

Damn that is some Captain Jean Luc Picard shit
ryguy79

Postby ryguy79 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:45 am

Also, this thread is not general or banter
ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 am

O Shit, a certain shaman-hating administrator is gonna come in and do some mullet-busting up in this bitch.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby the_edge » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:40 pm

the_edge

Postby Turbojett » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:24 am

yeah, but I think people are so used to analog gauges that it makes them easier to read at a glance, at least subconsciously (granted, it's probably better to just glance down and see a number). Plus those ones from the 80's look kinda chintzy--much like everything else from the 80's.
I like the way the CRZ's gauges look.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby the_edge » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

the_edge

Postby Swerve » Fri May 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Swerve

Postby Swerve » Fri May 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Also, arguably my least favourite dash was the analogue one in the Xtrail I used earlier this year for a 4,000km round trip. Not because of the dials, but because it was positioned above the centre console, in a cost cutting exercise so blatant they didn't even bother switching the tachometer and fuel/volt gauges around for RHD markets (strange, as Nissans should be originally RHD).
The part that makes it a interesting for this discussion is that Nissan put a second large glovebox opening upward above the steering wheel. In the early 2000s this was simply a cubby thieves wouldn't know existed. But in 2015, it's an awesome spot to install an IPad for GPS, OBDII info etc right in the line of sight
Swerve

Postby the_edge » Mon May 11, 2015 1:26 am

the_edge

Postby thewalrus » Mon May 11, 2015 2:19 am

thewalrus

Previous

Return to General Banter