[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Automobile Forum • View topic - Discovery Velocity

Discovery Velocity

General Topics

Discovery Velocity

Postby thewalrus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:32 am

Just checked it out. Actually seems like a really cool channel. Kind of reminds me of old school Speedvision, so far. Guess we'll see how it goes. But the first program I watched involved an MGA, MG-TF, Ferrari Dino and Austin Healy.
thewalrus

Re: Discovery Velocity

Postby millertime » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:56 am

I am getting rid of cable. I haven't watched TV for more than 1 hour since September
millertime

Postby thewalrus » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah, but you live in Vancouver. Try pulling that in Edmonton in the winter...
thewalrus

Postby ryguy79 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:05 pm

I have not had cable in in 4 to 5 years. Don't miss it.
ryguy79

Postby Turbojett » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:26 pm

haven't had cable in about seven years. I kinda just wait for things to come out on Netflix or to be posted elsewhere on the internet. A lot of times its on the network's website for (ad-inundated) free.
Keep on Trollin' Image
Turbojett

Postby millertime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:05 pm

millertime

Postby SBF » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 am

Velocity is already changing for the worst. It was great, but they are starting to dwindle unfortunately.

Best shows on there: Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, and Overhaulin'.

Shows I try to avoid are: Graveyard Carz, Phantom Works, Bitchin' Rides, and Fast and Loud.

There's other good and bad shows, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.
SBF

Postby Arthur Dent » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Arthur Dent

Postby Les / Vipers Rule » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:33 pm

I was hopeful that Discovery Velocity would reflect nicely the world of autos, motorcycles, aviation and even boating including all motorsports. Yes, the greatest motoring/motorsports channel to ever grace cable was SPEEDVISION (circa 1996-2002[?] RIP!). But I have found Discovery Velocity to not be much at all as I hoped. Yes, as others noted here they have some good and interesting programmes but they have all too much faux reality t.v. schlock as well as a lot of REPEATS, REPEATS, REPEATS. I mean even including shows going back to 2011 and such.

Meh, I will have to live on my memories and the handful of t.v. programmes that I recorded on tape and later copied to DVD-R from Speedvision, from back in the day.

At least Velocity will carry Barret Jackson auctions which I enjoy as I can just leave it on channel and watch the auctions with interest and also do stuff around the home at the same time.
The worst mass murderers are women, they murder the unborn in millions per year and are the worst killers of children. Both points here are facts.

The global unholy alliance,Communism, Islam and the imposter Pope of the corrupted Catholic Church.
Les / Vipers Rule

Return to General Banter